Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 9, 2009
1:56:00 PM
View profile
Expired contract upgrading to 3gs price?

I have a expired contract for a 2g iphone and am interested in upgrading to the 3gs.

Do I qualify for the $199 price or do I have to leave at&t and open up a new account?

I have a expired contract for a 2g iphone and am interested in upgrading to the 3gs.

Do I qualify for the $199 price or do I have to leave at&t and open up a new account?

Expired contract upgrading to 3gs price?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 1:56:48 PM
(0)
Scholar
No, you will just upgrade to the new IPhone and pay the upgrade price and commit to a new 2-year contract.
No, you will just upgrade to the new IPhone and pay the upgrade price and commit to a new 2-year contract.

Re: Expired contract upgrading to 3gs price?

2 of 10 (1,663 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 1:56:58 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by moorepheus on Jun 9, 2009 at 1:58:09 PM
I would say YES, you do qualify for the 199 upgrade prices.  Just stop into your local AT&T store when the phone becomes available.
Message Edited by moorepheus on 06-09-2009 01:58:09 PM
I would say YES, you do qualify for the 199 upgrade prices.  Just stop into your local AT&T store when the phone becomes available.
Message Edited by moorepheus on 06-09-2009 01:58:09 PM

[ Edited ]
3 of 10 (1,662 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 1:58:36 PM
(0)
Teacher
So is that a yes to I should get the $199 price or a yes to leave and come back?
So is that a yes to I should get the $199 price or a yes to leave and come back?

4 of 10 (1,654 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 2:00:37 PM
(0)
Teacher

Ok I guess I'll have to wait til it's released and confirm. This would be a nice father's day gift I guess. I'm on the 2g plan so I'm really enjoying the cheaper monthly plan.

Hmmm we'll see how it goes after the 3.0 update.

Ok I guess I'll have to wait til it's released and confirm. This would be a nice father's day gift I guess. I'm on the 2g plan so I'm really enjoying the cheaper monthly plan.

Hmmm we'll see how it goes after the 3.0 update.

5 of 10 (1,649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 6:57:19 PM
(0)
Scholar

eyeseeyou wrote:

You shouldn't have to leave and come back.  Youngjm has sugested trying store.apple.com and begin the purchase process.  Select the 3GS as a replacement for an existing phone on your plan.  After they verify your information with AT&T, you will see your purchase options.  Happy Father's Day!

eyeseeyou wrote:

You shouldn't have to leave and come back.  Youngjm has sugested trying store.apple.com and begin the purchase process.  Select the 3GS as a replacement for an existing phone on your plan.  After they verify your information with AT&T, you will see your purchase options.  Happy Father's Day!

6 of 10 (1,585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 7:00:32 PM
(0)
Teacher
I went through the store and the options they gave me were starting at $599.

7 of 10 (1,580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 7:41:23 PM
(0)
Scholar

eyeseeyou wrote:

I'd try AT&T customer service next.  Something doesn't sound quite right.  Maybe the rep can help you get a better handle on your options.

eyeseeyou wrote:

I'd try AT&T customer service next.  Something doesn't sound quite right.  Maybe the rep can help you get a better handle on your options.

8 of 10 (1,562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 8:24:39 PM
(0)
Voyager
I would say YES. My 2 yrs contract expired on June 4th.. now I am on month to month payment. I am going tomorrow to ATT store to reserve my iPhone 3gs for $199. That simple.. and YES I had to wait 18 months to be able to update to new phone.. so so so tired of people complaining.. READ what U signing for before U start crying.. I WAITED 18 months and did not complain about it even 1 minute.
I would say YES. My 2 yrs contract expired on June 4th.. now I am on month to month payment. I am going tomorrow to ATT store to reserve my iPhone 3gs for $199. That simple.. and YES I had to wait 18 months to be able to update to new phone.. so so so tired of people complaining.. READ what U signing for before U start crying.. I WAITED 18 months and did not complain about it even 1 minute.

9 of 10 (1,533 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 8:26:08 PM
(0)
Master

eyeseeyou wrote:
You are eligible for the upgrade price of $199.   

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

eyeseeyou wrote:
You are eligible for the upgrade price of $199.   

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

10 of 10 (1,527 Views)