Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 3, 2011
5:33:49 PM
View profile
Exchanging one phone for another, can it be done at a store?

Hey guys! Smiley Happy

Just bought a Motorola Bravo a week ago and I don't really like it. Lack of support with android upgrades from motorola and a screen that's too small for my fat fingers doesn't make it a phone I really want to stick with.

Anywho, enough of that.

I want to exchange it for an HTC Inspire. I have the money (obviously) and I was wondering if I could just pop in the store and exchange it, then mail my bravo back to at&t, or if I need to mail it and wait for a new phone to come, etc.

Can anyone shed some light on my options, and how I'd go about dealing with them?

Thanks!

Hey guys! Smiley Happy

Just bought a Motorola Bravo a week ago and I don't really like it. Lack of support with android upgrades from motorola and a screen that's too small for my fat fingers doesn't make it a phone I really want to stick with.

Anywho, enough of that.

I want to exchange it for an HTC Inspire. I have the money (obviously) and I was wondering if I could just pop in the store and exchange it, then mail my bravo back to at&t, or if I need to mail it and wait for a new phone to come, etc.

Can anyone shed some light on my options, and how I'd go about dealing with them?

Thanks!

Exchanging one phone for another, can it be done at a store?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2011 7:20:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes, you can exchange your Bravo for an Inspire at an AT&T store. It's good to see that you are still in your initial 30-day return and exchange policy, also. Otherwise, this could not have been done.

I'm not quite sure as to what you would do upon the exchange of the phone. I would assume that you would receive the Inspire (as an exchange) first, then yes, mail your Bravo back to AT&T/however you may choose to do it. Keep in mind that for all returned equipment, it must be in the original manufacturer's packaging and include all components that came with it such as manuals, the charger, software, extras, etc. upon the return. You may also be subject to paying a $35 restocking fee for the return of your Bravo.

I hope this helps.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Yes, you can exchange your Bravo for an Inspire at an AT&T store. It's good to see that you are still in your initial 30-day return and exchange policy, also. Otherwise, this could not have been done.

I'm not quite sure as to what you would do upon the exchange of the phone. I would assume that you would receive the Inspire (as an exchange) first, then yes, mail your Bravo back to AT&T/however you may choose to do it. Keep in mind that for all returned equipment, it must be in the original manufacturer's packaging and include all components that came with it such as manuals, the charger, software, extras, etc. upon the return. You may also be subject to paying a $35 restocking fee for the return of your Bravo.

I hope this helps.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Exchanging one phone for another, can it be done at a store?

2 of 4 (2,121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2011 7:37:48 PM
(0)
Voyager

I can do the exchange in store even if I purchased the phone online?

And by in original packaging, you mean with box and such? I threw all the plastic bags away.

And by in original packaging, you mean with box and such? I threw all the plastic bags away.

3 of 4 (2,117 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2011 3:16:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

berryman13 wrote:

I am fairly sure that you should be able to exchange your online-purchased Bravo for an Inspire. I'm not 100% sure, though... It's always worth a try. You may give it a chance and see what can be done.

Yes, you will need to include the original box the phone came in, as well as all the components. You may be able to keep other aftermarket accessories you may have purchased for the phone, such as a case, screen protector, etc. I think if you tossed the plastic bags away, AT&T shall still accept the return and exchange. As long as nothing is missing or damaged.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

berryman13 wrote:

I am fairly sure that you should be able to exchange your online-purchased Bravo for an Inspire. I'm not 100% sure, though... It's always worth a try. You may give it a chance and see what can be done.

Yes, you will need to include the original box the phone came in, as well as all the components. You may be able to keep other aftermarket accessories you may have purchased for the phone, such as a case, screen protector, etc. I think if you tossed the plastic bags away, AT&T shall still accept the return and exchange. As long as nothing is missing or damaged.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (2,024 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments