Helpful Links

Exchanging for iPhone 5...?

Scholar

Exchanging for iPhone 5...?

I just began new service with At&t and I opted for the iPhone 3gs. Mainly because i wanted to try it out. Ive always had Android. I wasnt completely "sold" on iPhone.... But now I definitely am. The only thing I dont like is that the camera does not have flash. (trivial, i know). So I would like to exchange it for the 5 (or 4gs or whatever comes out). I will be within my 30 days until the 20th of october. I got it at a retailer, so I would assume their stock would be limited. My question is, should I return it and start "anew" when the lastest and greatest comes out, or try to exchange it at launch and hope they have them in stock? Or can i reserve one for an exchange or are the reserves thru Apple? Forgive my ignorance, I am new with this. Thanks!!!
Message 1 of 4
Master

Re: Exchanging for iPhone 5...?

Return it and start anew.  You just do not know the exact relesae date nor do you know what the stock will be.  Better safe than sorry.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 4
Scholar

Thank you! I thought that would be my best bet. Another question, if i return it can i still keep the number i have now? Or it wld cancel it?
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Master

It depends.  Discuss it with the rep when you return your phone.  What were you using before?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support