Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 17, 2010
12:35:57 PM
View profile
Exchanging Black iphone4 for a white one

If I don't open my black iPhone 4 when it comes, will I be able to exchange it for a white one when it comes out?

If I don't open my black iPhone 4 when it comes, will I be able to exchange it for a white one when it comes out?

Exchanging Black iphone4 for a white one

21 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 12:42:48 PM
(0)
Scholar

Perhaps, if it's under 30 days I don't see why not. The question is, can you leave the box unopened for 30 days straight? and will the iPhone 4 White arrive in 30 days? and will there be preorders for the iPhone 4 white?

Perhaps, if it's under 30 days I don't see why not. The question is, can you leave the box unopened for 30 days straight? and will the iPhone 4 White arrive in 30 days? and will there be preorders for the iPhone 4 white?

Re: Exchanging Black iphone4 for a white one

2 of 22 (2,205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 12:44:34 PM
(0)
Explorer

A friend of mine, ordered her black iPhone, is gonna pick it up at her local Best Buy, and if they have a white one in stock that day she will try to exchange it, if not then she still has 30 days to return the black one, she figures that within 30 of the 24th the white ones will be out and she will be able to trade the black on for a white one.

A whole bunch of ifs, but she feels confident she can do it...

A friend of mine, ordered her black iPhone, is gonna pick it up at her local Best Buy, and if they have a white one in stock that day she will try to exchange it, if not then she still has 30 days to return the black one, she figures that within 30 of the 24th the white ones will be out and she will be able to trade the black on for a white one.

A whole bunch of ifs, but she feels confident she can do it...

3 of 22 (2,196 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 12:46:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

I personally don't see why people want the white iPhone so much. It looks a little cheap on the front though the back looks gorgeous.

I personally don't see why people want the white iPhone so much. It looks a little cheap on the front though the back looks gorgeous.

4 of 22 (2,190 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 1:10:47 PM
(0)
Mentor

Less Fingerprints Smiley Wink

Less Fingerprints Smiley Wink

5 of 22 (2,139 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 1:22:47 PM
(0)
Mentor

People that are taking a Black iPhone only to exchange it if possible for a white one should be dragged out into the street and beaten by the people getting screwed on pre-orders. Stop being part of the problem.

People that are taking a Black iPhone only to exchange it if possible for a white one should be dragged out into the street and beaten by the people getting screwed on pre-orders. Stop being part of the problem.

6 of 22 (2,113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 1:24:43 PM
(0)
Teacher
Plus, most folks are gonna put a case on it so color is not really important.
Plus, most folks are gonna put a case on it so color is not really important.

7 of 22 (2,106 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 1:27:02 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by dwill05 on Jun 17, 2010 at 2:20:17 PM

Well, those who buy a black in hopes of getting a white will either end up paying more, since they will have to pay a restocking fee when they trade in the black within 30 days, or will end up getting stuck if the white doesn't come out within 30 days.  Seems like it's their choice if they want to do that.

Well, those who buy a black in hopes of getting a white will either end up paying more, since they will have to pay a restocking fee when they trade in the black within 30 days, or will end up getting stuck if the white doesn't come out within 30 days.  Seems like it's their choice if they want to do that.

[ Edited ]
8 of 22 (2,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 2:00:28 PM
(0)
Explorer

@ BreathEZ ... All I hear is hate.

Your response had nothing to do with the question.

@ BreathEZ ... All I hear is hate.

Your response had nothing to do with the question.

9 of 22 (2,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 2:04:36 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Everyone, as per the User Guidelines, please remember to keep your post on topic,  courteous and edit out any uncalled for comments.  Thank you.

mod.moose

Everyone, as per the User Guidelines, please remember to keep your post on topic,  courteous and edit out any uncalled for comments.  Thank you.

mod.moose

10 of 22 (2,038 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 2:16:36 PM
(0)
Mentor

I seriously do not understand purchasing an item that you do not want, don't plan on using and in the end plan on returning....Yet here others sit with backorders for the phone you do not want. Is it so you can say you are looking at the box that has an iphone in it on the first day. Seriously  can someone explain it to me...

But hey if you are going to do that then accept that A you may get stuck with that black phone...or B you will have to pay the restocking fee. ANd I think they are all well within their right to charge you to restock it.

I seriously do not understand purchasing an item that you do not want, don't plan on using and in the end plan on returning....Yet here others sit with backorders for the phone you do not want. Is it so you can say you are looking at the box that has an iphone in it on the first day. Seriously  can someone explain it to me...

But hey if you are going to do that then accept that A you may get stuck with that black phone...or B you will have to pay the restocking fee. ANd I think they are all well within their right to charge you to restock it.

11 of 22 (1,137 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 2:26:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

I bought a white 3GS when they came out last year after being told they were out of black and standing in line for an hour. I took it back to the Apple store a week later to return it because I wasn't happy with the color. The Apple employee told me I can swap it for black if I'd like. They didn't charge me a restocking fee. I left a happy customer. Smiley Tongue

I bought a white 3GS when they came out last year after being told they were out of black and standing in line for an hour. I took it back to the Apple store a week later to return it because I wasn't happy with the color. The Apple employee told me I can swap it for black if I'd like. They didn't charge me a restocking fee. I left a happy customer. Smiley Tongue

12 of 22 (1,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 4:30:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

I HAVE to purchase an item I don't want in hopes of swapping it out for the white one, bayou.

I purchased a white iphone 16g 3gs on June 5th and HAVE to swap mine within 30 days for the iPhone 4...I'd totally hold out for the white one if AT&T would let me, but we both know that's not going to happen....

I HAVE to purchase an item I don't want in hopes of swapping it out for the white one, bayou.

I purchased a white iphone 16g 3gs on June 5th and HAVE to swap mine within 30 days for the iPhone 4...I'd totally hold out for the white one if AT&T would let me, but we both know that's not going to happen....

13 of 22 (1,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 4:31:25 PM
(0)
Mentor

I'm just going to get some paint for my black phone and paint it white.  no wait.

I'm just going to get some paint for my black phone and paint it white.  no wait.

14 of 22 (1,072 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 4:35:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

Why didnt you just wait for the white to be available instead of getting the black one? I am waiting for the white one. patience dude

Why didnt you just wait for the white to be available instead of getting the black one? I am waiting for the white one. patience dude

15 of 22 (1,055 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 4:36:25 PM
(0)
Professor

When I went into my local AT&T store on the day the 3G launched, all they had left was a couple of white ones.  I would have prefered black, but since I was going to put a case on it, it didn't matter in the end.  Ended up getting it and keeping it.

When I went into my local AT&T store on the day the 3G launched, all they had left was a couple of white ones.  I would have prefered black, but since I was going to put a case on it, it didn't matter in the end.  Ended up getting it and keeping it.

16 of 22 (1,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 4:37:39 PM
(0)
Mentor

TypicallyTiffany wrote:

who's holding the gun to your head?  No one makes you spend money expect your own compulsion to keep up with the joneses, and lack of patience.

If you really want the white one, practice self discipline and wait.  Wow.

I'm opening a business in iPhone addiction/self help. 

TypicallyTiffany wrote:

who's holding the gun to your head?  No one makes you spend money expect your own compulsion to keep up with the joneses, and lack of patience.

If you really want the white one, practice self discipline and wait.  Wow.

I'm opening a business in iPhone addiction/self help. 

17 of 22 (1,044 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 4:39:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am putting a case on mine also, but it's not like on the 3gs where the only colored portion is the back.

now, (thankfully) the same color on the back extends to the front and button.

i just really enjoy white or silver electronics, never cared for black, what can i say?

it's the small things.

I am putting a case on mine also, but it's not like on the 3gs where the only colored portion is the back.

now, (thankfully) the same color on the back extends to the front and button.

i just really enjoy white or silver electronics, never cared for black, what can i say?

it's the small things.

18 of 22 (1,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 4:41:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

if you read my whole message, i explain why i have to purchase it now.....

if you read my whole message, i explain why i have to purchase it now.....

19 of 22 (1,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 4:43:39 PM
(0)
Professor

azonicdh wrote:

PLUS a restocking fee i am sure AT&T and apple will charge this.

azonicdh wrote:

PLUS a restocking fee i am sure AT&T and apple will charge this.

hello!!!

20 of 22 (1,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 6:00:34 PM
(0)
Scholar

BreathEZ wrote:

LMAO

BreathEZ wrote:

LMAO

21 of 22 (539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 6:12:01 PM
(0)
Scholar

looks like he didn't get his pre-order eh?

I have the black iPhone personally I really don't notice the fingerprints that much. Maybe it's the case...

looks like he didn't get his pre-order eh?

I have the black iPhone personally I really don't notice the fingerprints that much. Maybe it's the case...

22 of 22 (529 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments