Exceeded $ in voice usage charges?

Contributor

Exceeded $ in voice usage charges?

I'm currently using Pick Your Plan, which is supposed to include 300 anytime minutes, 500 night/weekend minutes, and unlimited mobile to mobile. In the past week I have received the following text message twice: "AT&T Free Msg: You have exceeded $100 in voice usage charges. Manage your account @ att.com to find the plan that's right for you and minimize a costly bill," except in the second text it said I'd gone $200 over.

When I do talk on the phone it's usually to someone who also has AT&T, so those minutes should be unlimited no matter what time of day it is. Also, any talking I've done these past few weeks isn't any different than what I've done in the past, so why am I just now receiving this message? And when I login to my gophone account it does not allow me to view my account history or summary, so I have no idea what they are charging me for. Anyone have a similar experience or have any idea what this is about? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (9,670 Views)
Master

Re: Exceeded $ in voice usage charges?

I have no idea, but I would contact customer service and visit with them re: it.  Say "more options" at the first menu prompt, then say "customer service" at each subsequent prompt until the system gives up and connects you with a live agent. 

An occasional random, non-pertinent "at&t free message" has never indicated true cause for alarm in my own experience; but combined with the fact that you cannot review your account specifics/history to confirm you are still on the chosen plan and are being charged correctly for your usage would be concerning.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 3 (9,660 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Exceeded $ in voice usage charges?

also when you call make sure to have the error message if any that you get when trying to view the info online; and if possible try to be in front of a computer in case they say it is fixed and you can confirm that it is or not, also have you tried to use another browser and or cleared your cache and côkies on the current browser?.
Message 3 of 3 (9,630 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.