Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 8, 2011
10:55:18 PM
View profile
Everytime i check this forum....

... it just makes me want my new iPhone 4s more and more.

Everytime i check this forum....

37 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(37)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 10:56:30 PM
(0)
Expert

6 more days...

6 more days...

Re: Everytime i check this forum....

2 of 38 (802 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 11:02:27 PM
(0)
Mentor
what color did you order?? and model
what color did you order?? and model

3 of 38 (799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 11:13:16 PM
(0)
Expert

Black, 32GB.  Replacing a RAZR and outdated 2nd Gen. Touch!

4 of 38 (792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 11:27:05 PM
(0)
Expert

Forgot to ask...what did you order?

Forgot to ask...what did you order?

5 of 38 (790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 11:30:04 PM
(0)
Mentor
gotcha gotcha, good upgrades haha, i went with the white 16gb, i do mostly only streaming music via pandora and also netflix so i dont need much storage
gotcha gotcha, good upgrades haha, i went with the white 16gb, i do mostly only streaming music via pandora and also netflix so i dont need much storage

6 of 38 (789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 11:32:36 PM
(0)
Expert

My old Touch is 32 and it still has space; big music fan but cannot fit my whole collection even on our old 5thGen Pod w/video.

What phone are you coming from?

My old Touch is 32 and it still has space; big music fan but cannot fit my whole collection even on our old 5thGen Pod w/video.

What phone are you coming from?

7 of 38 (784 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 1:21:31 AM
(0)
Guru
What i like w/ the iPhone 4s is SIRI. 2 Thumbs up to Siri Smiley Happy
What i like w/ the iPhone 4s is SIRI. 2 Thumbs up to Siri Smiley Happy

8 of 38 (770 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 10:37:45 AM
(0)
Mentor
im coming from an old spare iPhone 3gs 8 gb, my iphone 4 16gb was stolen a few months ago unfortunately. im so ready to have the front camera back!
im coming from an old spare iPhone 3gs 8 gb, my iphone 4 16gb was stolen a few months ago unfortunately. im so ready to have the front camera back!

9 of 38 (724 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 10:38:36 AM
(0)
Mentor
and siri looks pretty amazing i will see how it works perfectly as apple says it does when i get mine!
and siri looks pretty amazing i will see how it works perfectly as apple says it does when i get mine!

10 of 38 (724 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 10:56:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

nickk513 wrote:

We're coming from 3GS'es. We decided not to opt for the early upgrade for the 4, so our upgrade windows came around this past August, just in time for the 4S.

They'll expire again right around the time that AT&T is close to completing its LTE rollout, and we'll upgrade to 5's (or whatever iteration we're on at that point) then.

nickk513 wrote:

We're coming from 3GS'es. We decided not to opt for the early upgrade for the 4, so our upgrade windows came around this past August, just in time for the 4S.

They'll expire again right around the time that AT&T is close to completing its LTE rollout, and we'll upgrade to 5's (or whatever iteration we're on at that point) then.

11 of 38 (469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 10:58:34 AM
(0)
Mentor
Well that's sort of what I did. I kept my upgrade eligability of my line i currently use my 3GS on and opened a new line for my 4s, so when i get it i can switch my 4s over my current line and give the new line to my brother with my current 3gs.. so when the iphone 5 comes out i will be eligable for it to uograde!
Well that's sort of what I did. I kept my upgrade eligability of my line i currently use my 3GS on and opened a new line for my 4s, so when i get it i can switch my 4s over my current line and give the new line to my brother with my current 3gs.. so when the iphone 5 comes out i will be eligable for it to uograde!

12 of 38 (468 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 11:09:42 AM
(0)
Scholar

nickk513 wrote:

I'm resistant to being an early adopter on LTE. It's still too nascent a technology and there are still too many bugs to work out of it for me to jump on the bandwagon the second that the phones become available. I find that more often than not, between being at my office, being on the train between home and my office or being at home, I'm usually on Wi-Fi most of the time anyway.

nickk513 wrote:

I'm resistant to being an early adopter on LTE. It's still too nascent a technology and there are still too many bugs to work out of it for me to jump on the bandwagon the second that the phones become available. I find that more often than not, between being at my office, being on the train between home and my office or being at home, I'm usually on Wi-Fi most of the time anyway.

13 of 38 (463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 11:14:20 AM
(0)
Mentor
Yea, primarily me aswell, me being on campus using my schools network and me being at home or work i am on wifi a lot. but whenever i go on trips and such I do enjoy using the tethering feature so I can use my laptop, etc.
Yea, primarily me aswell, me being on campus using my schools network and me being at home or work i am on wifi a lot. but whenever i go on trips and such I do enjoy using the tethering feature so I can use my laptop, etc.

14 of 38 (458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 11:58:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

spd2demun wrote:

spd! You have jumped on the iPhone bandwagon, I see? Smiley Happy

No Galaxy S II for you? Smiley Tongue

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

spd2demun wrote:

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

15 of 38 (440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 12:02:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

nickk513 wrote:

That makes sense... After all, you are seeing countless topics about customers with backordered pre-orders and questions and all of those other questions and complaints. Pretty soon the dust will settle and everyone should have their 4S in time. Smiley Happy

nickk513 wrote:

That makes sense... After all, you are seeing countless topics about customers with backordered pre-orders and questions and all of those other questions and complaints. Pretty soon the dust will settle and everyone should have their 4S in time. Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

16 of 38 (439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 12:07:24 PM
(0)
Scholar

Wild Banchi wrote:

nickk513 wrote:

LOL, that's when the flood of topics about "I can't activate my phone" and "My sister/mother/father/next-door neighboor/mailman/bookie was able to activate their phone, but I can't. Why does Apple hate me?!?!" topics will crank up.

Wild Banchi wrote:

nickk513 wrote:

LOL, that's when the flood of topics about "I can't activate my phone" and "My sister/mother/father/next-door neighboor/mailman/bookie was able to activate their phone, but I can't. Why does Apple hate me?!?!" topics will crank up.

17 of 38 (436 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 12:09:41 PM
(0)
Mentor
lol i cant wait
!
lol i cant wait
!

18 of 38 (434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 12:10:41 PM
(0)
Expert

Well, the pre-order may go to my son, we'll see...I REALLY wanted the GS2!  Could not find a live one anywhere in town, and I don't buy sight-unseen-anything.  Plus, it's already a year old, technically, and newer Nexus is supposed to be coming out. I know, now I'll be called an Apple fanboy. Smiley Sad

Wild Banchi wrote:

spd2demun wrote:

Well, the pre-order may go to my son, we'll see...I REALLY wanted the GS2!  Could not find a live one anywhere in town, and I don't buy sight-unseen-anything.  Plus, it's already a year old, technically, and newer Nexus is supposed to be coming out. I know, now I'll be called an Apple fanboy. Smiley Sad

Wild Banchi wrote:

spd2demun wrote:

19 of 38 (433 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 12:19:21 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by spd2demun on Oct 9, 2011 at 12:19:58 PM

Smiley Sad

I know some Androids have had the Siri-like feature for 6 mos. or more, IIRC.  Not too sure how it will work, but if you have to scream at it like with our Moshi clock, not good!  Moshi even gets set off talking to herself if a certain voice tone is talking on the TV (next to it)!  Some days, I wanna through her through the wall, LOL!

Speaking of Siri--you might find this FUNNY!

nickk513 wrote:

nickk513 wrote:

Smiley Sad

I know some Androids have had the Siri-like feature for 6 mos. or more, IIRC.  Not too sure how it will work, but if you have to scream at it like with our Moshi clock, not good!  Moshi even gets set off talking to herself if a certain voice tone is talking on the TV (next to it)!  Some days, I wanna through her through the wall, LOL!

Speaking of Siri--you might find this FUNNY!

nickk513 wrote:

nickk513 wrote:

[ Edited ]
20 of 38 (427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 2:01:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

spd2demun wrote:
Well, the pre-order may go to my son, we'll see...I REALLY wanted the GS2!  Could not find a live one anywhere in town, and I don't buy sight-unseen-anything.  Plus, it's already a year old, technically, and newer Nexus is supposed to be coming out. I know, now I'll be called an Apple fanboy.

That's fine! To be honest I'm a fan of both, too. I've got my Apple and my Android. Shhhh. Smiley Wink

spd2demun wrote:
Well, the pre-order may go to my son, we'll see...I REALLY wanted the GS2!  Could not find a live one anywhere in town, and I don't buy sight-unseen-anything.  Plus, it's already a year old, technically, and newer Nexus is supposed to be coming out. I know, now I'll be called an Apple fanboy.

That's fine! To be honest I'm a fan of both, too. I've got my Apple and my Android. Shhhh. Smiley Wink

21 of 38 (485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 2:05:37 PM
(0)
Expert

Traitor, LOL!  Nothing wrong with learning both products/systems/OSs, IMO. 

So, we can expect the iPhone posts to calm down by...January 2012? Smiley Surprised

Wild Banchi wrote:

Traitor, LOL!  Nothing wrong with learning both products/systems/OSs, IMO. 

So, we can expect the iPhone posts to calm down by...January 2012? Smiley Surprised

Wild Banchi wrote:

22 of 38 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 2:09:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Nah. Everything should be back to normal by the end of this month/early November. It shouldn't escalate into next year. People will still have questions and complaints (seems that's what all people do anyway... Smiley Wink) but this board will definitely not be as busy.

Nah. Everything should be back to normal by the end of this month/early November. It shouldn't escalate into next year. People will still have questions and complaints (seems that's what all people do anyway... Smiley Wink) but this board will definitely not be as busy.

23 of 38 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 2:11:32 PM
(0)
Mentor
Maybe not jan 2012, what if the iphone 5 launches not on its usual june launch like the 4s? then it will be a full year of exploded iphone forums bologna. And with the androids, I have played a lot with an old inspre 4g I had, it was a great phone, i lived the expanded capabilities. IMO better than the iphone. but the selection of android phones are so vast. development for the android apps is simply java and it is very easy for users to start making their own apps easily with androids SDK kit. i chose the iphone because yesm, unfortunately i am an iphone fanboy, but when it comes to computers, strictly windows
Maybe not jan 2012, what if the iphone 5 launches not on its usual june launch like the 4s? then it will be a full year of exploded iphone forums bologna. And with the androids, I have played a lot with an old inspre 4g I had, it was a great phone, i lived the expanded capabilities. IMO better than the iphone. but the selection of android phones are so vast. development for the android apps is simply java and it is very easy for users to start making their own apps easily with androids SDK kit. i chose the iphone because yesm, unfortunately i am an iphone fanboy, but when it comes to computers, strictly windows

24 of 38 (475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 11:13:15 PM
(0)
Scholar

Wild Banchi wrote:

Aww, no love for WP7? I find Android the most functional (therefore, my favorite) of the 3. WP7 has the nicest interface. iOS just has a lot more apps. Hardware design-wise, though, engineering on the iPhones appear to be topnotch compared to options on Android and WP7.

Wild Banchi wrote:

Aww, no love for WP7? I find Android the most functional (therefore, my favorite) of the 3. WP7 has the nicest interface. iOS just has a lot more apps. Hardware design-wise, though, engineering on the iPhones appear to be topnotch compared to options on Android and WP7.

25 of 38 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 3:07:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

hnzw_rui wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Nope, not especially... The only Windows 7 phone I have considered is the Samsung Focus, in part because it looked similar to the Captivate. I just wouldn't find WP7 useful for my needs.

hnzw_rui wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Nope, not especially... The only Windows 7 phone I have considered is the Samsung Focus, in part because it looked similar to the Captivate. I just wouldn't find WP7 useful for my needs.

26 of 38 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:05:09 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by mom2boys77 on Oct 10, 2011 at 6:14:00 AM

same here.

But I'll be one of those goofballs standing in line on Friday morning to get one. WITH my autistic son in tow, so I can get both my husband and I's phones ... (he's gotta work, and i have to have 2 bodies to get 2 phones, so son goes with me and then I'll drop him off at school)

and I'll be getting a black 16GB iPhone 4s (for hubby) and a white 16GB iPhone 4s (for me) Smiley Happy

same here.

But I'll be one of those goofballs standing in line on Friday morning to get one. WITH my autistic son in tow, so I can get both my husband and I's phones ... (he's gotta work, and i have to have 2 bodies to get 2 phones, so son goes with me and then I'll drop him off at school)

and I'll be getting a black 16GB iPhone 4s (for hubby) and a white 16GB iPhone 4s (for me) Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
27 of 38 (432 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 10:38:40 PM
(0)
Expert

I've heard that iPads are great teaching tools for kids, guess an iPhone could be, too?

Trying to get a case before delivery.  The brand I've always used is not carried anywhere locally.

Are we going to have to worry about things NOT working when we get these new phones?

I've heard that iPads are great teaching tools for kids, guess an iPhone could be, too?

Trying to get a case before delivery.  The brand I've always used is not carried anywhere locally.

Are we going to have to worry about things NOT working when we get these new phones?

28 of 38 (407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 11:07:00 PM
(0)
Mentor
well like the iphone 4 on verizon... the switches for vibrate/loud and lower i think than the older iphone 4 on att. I read MAYBE that may be the case with the iphone 4s? just keep that in mind when buying a case that the switch may not fit. to give you more insight, otterbox has its own series of cases for the 4s. So if youd ask me, i do think they will be different. we just may have to wait and see!
well like the iphone 4 on verizon... the switches for vibrate/loud and lower i think than the older iphone 4 on att. I read MAYBE that may be the case with the iphone 4s? just keep that in mind when buying a case that the switch may not fit. to give you more insight, otterbox has its own series of cases for the 4s. So if youd ask me, i do think they will be different. we just may have to wait and see!

29 of 38 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 12:32:15 AM
(0)
Expert

iSkin is who all of my past Pods wear, and currently their iPhone 4 cases also fit iPhone 4S (for GSM & CDMA, Universal Fit).  I was told the same for all (other brands) cases in the Apple Store (that part may or may not be true).

3 more days (not counting Fri.)!

iSkin is who all of my past Pods wear, and currently their iPhone 4 cases also fit iPhone 4S (for GSM & CDMA, Universal Fit).  I was told the same for all (other brands) cases in the Apple Store (that part may or may not be true).

3 more days (not counting Fri.)!

30 of 38 (390 Views)