Ask a question

Posted Jan 30, 2012
    5:45:26 PM
    View profile
    Ethernet light off; GPS and 3G lights blinking

My Microcell worked for almost a year and half. About 1.5 months ago it stopped working and I haven't been able to fix it.

It is plugged directly into a modem/router, and sitting next to floor-to-ceiling windows. 

The power light is solid, the ethernet light is off, and the GPS and 3G lights blink.  I've spent hours on the phone with AT&T customer service several times and they've been useless (grrr).  I've rebooted everything a million times.  I checked the ethernet cable and it works fine with other devices. 

My only option, unless anyone has any other ideas, is to buy a new Microcell and see if it works. I'm beyond the warranty period, unfortunately, so I can't get mine replaced.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has had a similar problem and managed to get it fixed.

I live in NYC, if it matters.

Thanks

Ethernet light off; GPS and 3G lights blinking

4 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (4)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 31, 2012 2:05:31 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

Have you put the MC IP address it gets from the host router in to the host routers DMZ yet?

Re: Ethernet light off; GPS and 3G lights blinking

2 of 5 (2,918 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 28, 2012 6:42:53 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

Hi there...i have the same issue.  Can you explain how to do that?  I use an Apple Airport Router if that helps.

Thx.

3 of 5 (2,588 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 29, 2012 8:28:23 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

With my AEBS (Apple Extreme Base Station) I set the MicroCell up using port forwarding to a static IP address for the MicroCell. The MicroCell is connected to the AEBS via ethernet which is the nominal setup procedure (not connected to the DSL "modem" which is called priority setup). This has worked very well for a long time, even after multiple power outages and updates by AT&T. If the ethernet light is off, there is no connection to AT&T which may be a modem issue, an ISP issue, or your MicroCell.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (2,566 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 16, 2012 12:19:38 AM
    (0)
    Teacher

Check the power supply (cord) for the power rating.  I got mine secondhand, and I don't know if the cord I got was the original, but when I used a different one with a larger amperage rating it worked.  See my story here: http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/SOLID-GREEN/td-p/3232809

5 of 5 (2,271 Views)