Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 18, 2010
11:21:10 PM
View profile
Epix Options

I could use some help. I have an Epix (had it for almost a year now). I don't have any updates on it and I have had aboslutely no problems with this phone. I believe this is waht Samsung thought they were making. I wouldn't trade this as a functinion smartphone. However, I have 6.1 on it and the old MS Net. Some of thenewer apps require the new 3.5 net version but I don't know how to install it on my phone. I'm also waiting...waiting...waiting...for 6.5 but becoming more discouraged it will ever happen. So, do the cooked 6.5 include the new net? Do I wait for 6.5? Or can someone help with instslling it on what I have currently. There are some great apps but currently they're useless to me. Can amyone help?

I could use some help. I have an Epix (had it for almost a year now). I don't have any updates on it and I have had aboslutely no problems with this phone. I believe this is waht Samsung thought they were making. I wouldn't trade this as a functinion smartphone. However, I have 6.1 on it and the old MS Net. Some of thenewer apps require the new 3.5 net version but I don't know how to install it on my phone. I'm also waiting...waiting...waiting...for 6.5 but becoming more discouraged it will ever happen. So, do the cooked 6.5 include the new net? Do I wait for 6.5? Or can someone help with instslling it on what I have currently. There are some great apps but currently they're useless to me. Can amyone help?

Epix Options

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2010 7:03:25 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Be careful. Most people are happy to help out on these Forums, but remember that their advice is theirs only and that you are responsible for deciding whether or not to follow it. Take caution before downloading software to or for your handset, as it could potentially damage your device or void your warranty.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Be careful. Most people are happy to help out on these Forums, but remember that their advice is theirs only and that you are responsible for deciding whether or not to follow it. Take caution before downloading software to or for your handset, as it could potentially damage your device or void your warranty.

Re: Epix Options

2 of 3 (667 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2010 7:33:06 AM
(0)
Scholar

You can download dotnet 3.5 from Microsoft and install it, no problem.

As for cooked ROMS ... that's up to you. They aren't perfect. But it's probably the only version of 6.5 you'll see, if the other thread is true.

Personally I'm fine with 6.1 on my Treo Pro, don't need the latest eye candy. I'll hold the Epix another month or 2 to see if the 6.5 update is released, but it's headed for Ebay either way.

You can download dotnet 3.5 from Microsoft and install it, no problem.

As for cooked ROMS ... that's up to you. They aren't perfect. But it's probably the only version of 6.5 you'll see, if the other thread is true.

Personally I'm fine with 6.1 on my Treo Pro, don't need the latest eye candy. I'll hold the Epix another month or 2 to see if the 6.5 update is released, but it's headed for Ebay either way.

Re: Epix Options

3 of 3 (664 Views)