Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 9, 2011
9:45:01 PM
View profile
End button won't work on my Pantech Laser.

Here's the issue. I was caught in a storm and it was pooring down rain, I tripped and fell into a puddle with my phone in my pocket and earlier today it was working perfectly after I let it sit for a little while in a bowl of rice to dry out (works by the way). After a while I noticed it was a little difficult to use the "End" button on my phone. Now, it shut itself off and all the other buttons will light up the screen when charging but I can't turn it back on because the end button won't work. Because the phone companies refuse to just make all the phones water proof (they have the technology clearly), they will not take back phones with water damage. What could I possibly do to make this work?

Here's the issue. I was caught in a storm and it was pooring down rain, I tripped and fell into a puddle with my phone in my pocket and earlier today it was working perfectly after I let it sit for a little while in a bowl of rice to dry out (works by the way). After a while I noticed it was a little difficult to use the "End" button on my phone. Now, it shut itself off and all the other buttons will light up the screen when charging but I can't turn it back on because the end button won't work. Because the phone companies refuse to just make all the phones water proof (they have the technology clearly), they will not take back phones with water damage. What could I possibly do to make this work?

End button won't work on my Pantech Laser.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2011 10:02:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

readyaimfire6 wrote:

Sorry to hear about your story, this is definitely a frustrating one.

The phone cannot be covered under warranty as it has water damage, it cannot be exchanged because it has been damaged, and it cannot be replaced otherwise by AT&T... Perhaps you should try calling Pantech and hear what they have to say about your situation. They will most likely say that AT&T handles everything, but that's who they all blame...

Your only options I can think of is to let it sit a little while longer in the bag of rice especially with the "End" button fully submerged in the rice. If that does not work, it looks like you are going to have to replace the phone yourself as there are no other options. Smiley Sad

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

readyaimfire6 wrote:

Sorry to hear about your story, this is definitely a frustrating one.

The phone cannot be covered under warranty as it has water damage, it cannot be exchanged because it has been damaged, and it cannot be replaced otherwise by AT&T... Perhaps you should try calling Pantech and hear what they have to say about your situation. They will most likely say that AT&T handles everything, but that's who they all blame...

Your only options I can think of is to let it sit a little while longer in the bag of rice especially with the "End" button fully submerged in the rice. If that does not work, it looks like you are going to have to replace the phone yourself as there are no other options. Smiley Sad

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: End button won't work on my Pantech Laser.

2 of 2 (708 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments