Employee Discount not applied to bill

Tutor

Employee Discount not applied to bill

When I went in to get my new phone, I was told I could get an employee discount because I work for a large company that offered the service.  However, when I got my first bill, this discount wasn't applied.  First, should discounts appear on the first bill after signing up?

Second, I went online and saw that you can register for these discounts online.  I put my email in and yes, I am valid for an employee discount, but I can't register for an account on the appropriate website as I have a "consumer account".  It did say to register through My Account though, but I have no idea how to do that...

So, I guess I'm wondering - is it possible to double check whether I do have the discounts applied to the bill (even though its taking awhile to appear on it), and if not, how can register for them without having a premier business phone number to access the page?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
Contributor

Re: Employee Discount not applied to bill

After you log in, choose My At&T, then Bills & Payments.  It will say "[your company] FAN" and you'll know by that if your discount has been applied. This is just one way, the easiest imo.

It can take a few months for it to be applied and it is not retroed.  We submitted our paperwork at the At&T store and they faxed it in.

You might find the below link helpful:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB111755#fbid=5whr1fjw9En

Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Thanks for the reply,

Yeah - I did that actually to double check whether I was eligible (because my company's FAN number wasn't coming up on My AT&T).  They did send me an email but I couldn't login and/or register on the business center website because  my account is considered a consumer account - and informed me to register through My Account.  I was just curious how to do that though...

Message 3 of 5
Former Community Manager

You can register your account online right here: https://www.att.com/olam/registrationAction.olamexecute?wtSlotClick=1-0018PF-0-3&source=IX00j3j59290...

You'll be asked to enter your number and then be taken through the registration process. 

Let us know if you run into any problems & welcome to the forums!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Tutor

My account is already set up so I don't think I need to register again.  Its just saying I should apply for my discounts through myAT&T - that's all as I'm not apart of a business plan.  But I did go ot the  store where I opened my account and gave them my work details.  Though, I did have a question - when will I see this online through myAccount?   I know it takes a couple of billing cycles to apply to the bill, but can I determine whether the discount query has been accepted sooner on my account online?

Cheers

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support