Emails not pushing through

Contributor

Emails not pushing through

I have the iPhone 3GS (for not even a year yet). I recently did the latest firmware update. But the last 2 or 3 days, my email doesn't seem to be coming through. My settings have always been set to Push and Manually. I never changed anything. I tried setting it to Every 15 Minutes. Not much of a change. They just don't seem to be coming through. I've rebooted the phone several times. If I go into my Inbox, it will just sit at Connecting....and I watch my battery life drop and drop. Any ideas? This is pretty annoying.

Message 1 of 4 (456 Views)
Contributor

Re: Emails not pushing through

I should add that I've tried deleting my email account and re-adding it. That didn't help.

Then I went into Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Still didn;t help.

This is a Yahoo email address if that helps at all. Maybe it's a Yahoo issue. I really don't know.

Message 2 of 4 (439 Views)
Highlighted
Master

The last time I had trouble with my Yahoo email, I went into the settings menu and re-entered my password. After that my emails started coming though again.

Message 3 of 4 (425 Views)
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by ATTMobilityCare (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Hi there @Cheeseball

I’m sorry to hear that your emails do not appear to be syncing with your iPhone! I’d be happy to help! If no emails reach your device, it may point to an issue with connecting to the server. A setting may have changed on the provider’s end.

I would recommend first attempting to remove the synced account on your device. To do so:

1. From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  2. From the Accounts section, tap an email account.
  3. Tap Delete Account.
  4. Tap Delete Account or Delete from My iPhone to confirm.

Now we can re-add the account by following these steps:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" tab.
  3. Tap "Add Account..."
  4. Choose the type of account you want to add.
  5. Follow the on-screen prompts to sign in to your account

For more info, or help setting up advanced email settings, check out this article!

I hope this helps!

Charise

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (214 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.