Echo Problem

Contributor

Echo Problem

I have an iphone 4S and I am having problems with an echo when I make calls.  The person I'm calling is the one who hears the echo.  I've done a reset on the phone, but the echo continues.  What can I do to make the echo stop?  My husband has a 3GS and does not have this problem.

Message 1 of 7
Master

Re: Echo Problem

dovechase wrote:

I have an iphone 4S and I am having problems with an echo when I make calls.  The person I'm calling is the one who hears the echo.  I've done a reset on the phone, but the echo continues.  What can I do to make the echo stop?  My husband has a 3GS and does not have this problem.

I would call ATT and open a ticket.  It sounds like a network issue? Does your echo happen everyone or only in a particular spot? That also would help narrow down a network issue.  If that is not the case, head over to Apple and have the Genius bar check out your phone.  www.apple.com/retail

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 7
Professor

i have the same problem.

Message 3 of 7
Scholar

dovechase wrote:

I've noticed this issue when I'm calling people who use a cordless phone.

Message 4 of 7
Master

I had this issue in the past. I called AT&T and opened a trimble ticket. The issue was resolved withe 48 hours. I am assuming it was the tower since I did. It have problems elsewhere.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 7
Professor

youngjm is right. It's not a handset issue.

Message 6 of 7
Employee

Its still likely as this problem has popping up lately with the 4S at work. But it could be a coincidence
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support