Echo Problem

Contributor

Echo Problem

I have an iphone 4S and I am having problems with an echo when I make calls.  The person I'm calling is the one who hears the echo.  I've done a reset on the phone, but the echo continues.  What can I do to make the echo stop?  My husband has a 3GS and does not have this problem.

Message 1 of 7 (1,847 Views)
Master

Re: Echo Problem

dovechase wrote:

I have an iphone 4S and I am having problems with an echo when I make calls.  The person I'm calling is the one who hears the echo.  I've done a reset on the phone, but the echo continues.  What can I do to make the echo stop?  My husband has a 3GS and does not have this problem.

I would call ATT and open a ticket.  It sounds like a network issue? Does your echo happen everyone or only in a particular spot? That also would help narrow down a network issue.  If that is not the case, head over to Apple and have the Genius bar check out your phone.  www.apple.com/retail

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 7 (1,836 Views)
Professor

i have the same problem.

Message 3 of 7 (1,811 Views)
Scholar

dovechase wrote:

I've noticed this issue when I'm calling people who use a cordless phone.

Message 4 of 7 (1,765 Views)
Master

I had this issue in the past. I called AT&T and opened a trimble ticket. The issue was resolved withe 48 hours. I am assuming it was the tower since I did. It have problems elsewhere.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 7 (1,752 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

youngjm is right. It's not a handset issue.

Message 6 of 7 (1,746 Views)
Employee

Its still likely as this problem has popping up lately with the 4S at work. But it could be a coincidence
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7 (1,726 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.