Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Feb 7, 2012
7:00:02 AM
View profile
Early Upgrade with Extended Return Period

Hi all,

My Captivate is dying a slow death.  The power button clicks, but it doesn't work, and the search button fires randomly.  I'm guessing there's a short or something.  It's been heavily used since I bought it when it was released in July 2010, so I can't complain Smiley Happy

However, since the power button doesn't work, it's become a pain to use.  I have an app that maps the volume down button to sleep toggle, but it isn't reliable.  Other than that, the only way to wake it is by plugging/unplugging it.

I'm due for an upgrade on March 18th, but I heard AT&T will let you upgrade 30 days beforehand?  I would really like to hold out for the Samsung Skyrocket HD, but there isn't a firm release date for that device yet.  Is there any way to get an extended return, so I could exchange whatever new phone I end up getting for the Skyrocket HD when it comes out?

A similar policy was put into effect with the release of the iPhone 4S, where folks were allowed to return their recently purchased iPhone 4s past the 30 return period.  Can something like this be worked out?  Thanks!

Hi all,

My Captivate is dying a slow death.  The power button clicks, but it doesn't work, and the search button fires randomly.  I'm guessing there's a short or something.  It's been heavily used since I bought it when it was released in July 2010, so I can't complain Smiley Happy

However, since the power button doesn't work, it's become a pain to use.  I have an app that maps the volume down button to sleep toggle, but it isn't reliable.  Other than that, the only way to wake it is by plugging/unplugging it.

I'm due for an upgrade on March 18th, but I heard AT&T will let you upgrade 30 days beforehand?  I would really like to hold out for the Samsung Skyrocket HD, but there isn't a firm release date for that device yet.  Is there any way to get an extended return, so I could exchange whatever new phone I end up getting for the Skyrocket HD when it comes out?

A similar policy was put into effect with the release of the iPhone 4S, where folks were allowed to return their recently purchased iPhone 4s past the 30 return period.  Can something like this be worked out?  Thanks!

Early Upgrade with Extended Return Period

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2012 7:36:49 AM
(0)
Expert

rbd3453 wrote:

Hi all,

you will be able to update March 1, don;t think they will allow a 30 day to feb 18th, the buyers remorse is 30 days, do not theink there is any negotiation on that either.

rbd3453 wrote:

Hi all,

you will be able to update March 1, don;t think they will allow a 30 day to feb 18th, the buyers remorse is 30 days, do not theink there is any negotiation on that either.

Re: Early Upgrade with Extended Return Period

2 of 3 (680 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2012 10:41:17 AM
(0)
Guru

Unfortunately there is no way to get an extension on the 30 day return/exchange period. The best thing to do is to wait.

Unfortunately there is no way to get an extension on the 30 day return/exchange period. The best thing to do is to wait.

http://forums.att.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/5647i42265AB3AEBCB54D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Re: Early Upgrade with Extended Return Period

3 of 3 (668 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments