ELIMINATING CONTACT LINKS

Contributor

ELIMINATING CONTACT LINKS

I have a Samsung Captivate.  Whenever I select a contact there are many contact links below the contact.  They are the same phone # as my contact.  Is there a way to disable this action of contact links.

Message 1 of 3 (205 Views)
Master

Re: ELIMINATING CONTACT LINKS

Open the contact that has been linked. Browse to the bottom where it says 'Joined Contacts'. Tap those icons and you will be in a screen where it lists all the contacts it was joined from. There are '-' icons next to each contact. Tap the icon will remove the link.

Message 2 of 3 (201 Views)
Mentor

Re: ELIMINATING CONTACT LINKS

After they're unlinked, you can delete the duplicate entry. These multiple contacts are produced when various social apps like twitter and facebook provide the same email address listed in your contacts. The SETTINGS/ACCOUNTS AND SYNC menu gives you options to turn them off. Perhaps, your entries are not linked and you have separate listings for the same contact from different sources - you can link them to merge into one entry.
Message 3 of 3 (183 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.