Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 5, 2011
7:28:57 AM
E71x cannot send or receive

Since mid-December i have been unable to send or receive MMS on my E71x. Plain txt messages work fine, just cannot send or receive messages with picture. Any thoughts?

Since mid-December i have been unable to send or receive MMS on my E71x. Plain txt messages work fine, just cannot send or receive messages with picture. Any thoughts?

E71x cannot send or receive

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 7:37:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Mike1942 wrote:

Is it possible that you may have a data block installed on your phone? If not, it could be a problem with the phone's MMS Configuration settings.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Mike1942 wrote:

Is it possible that you may have a data block installed on your phone? If not, it could be a problem with the phone's MMS Configuration settings.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: E71x cannot send or receive

2 of 5 (1,017 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 8:10:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

Don't know about any data block. it worked previously and don't know what changed. i have tried checking configurations and settings but not sure if something is set wrong or not. how d you determine if data block on. when i send pic msg, it continues to retry sending from outbox and finally gives up.

Don't know about any data block. it worked previously and don't know what changed. i have tried checking configurations and settings but not sure if something is set wrong or not. how d you determine if data block on. when i send pic msg, it continues to retry sending from outbox and finally gives up.

3 of 5 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 12:31:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You could call Customer Service and ask if a data block was ever put on your line, but if you are unaware of the block, then that's probably not it.

It could be the phone, then...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You could call Customer Service and ask if a data block was ever put on your line, but if you are unaware of the block, then that's probably not it.

It could be the phone, then...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 9:01:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by hme83 on Feb 6, 2011 at 9:05:44 AM

You can check your MMS settings here:

Nokia E71x MMS Settings

And if you cannot use MediaNet on your E71x, you can check your internet settings here:

Nokia E71x Browser/Internet Settings

A working data (i.e. MediaNet) connection is required for MMS to function.  If after reviewing those links compared to your phone's settings, you cannot resolve the issue - contact customer service for their assistance (1-800-331-0500, preferably from another phone so that you will be able to work with your E71x while on the phone with customer service)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

You can check your MMS settings here:

Nokia E71x MMS Settings

And if you cannot use MediaNet on your E71x, you can check your internet settings here:

Nokia E71x Browser/Internet Settings

A working data (i.e. MediaNet) connection is required for MMS to function.  If after reviewing those links compared to your phone's settings, you cannot resolve the issue - contact customer service for their assistance (1-800-331-0500, preferably from another phone so that you will be able to work with your E71x while on the phone with customer service)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (966 Views)