E71x cannot send or receive

Tutor

E71x cannot send or receive

Since mid-December i have been unable to send or receive MMS on my E71x. Plain txt messages work fine, just cannot send or receive messages with picture. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: E71x cannot send or receive

Mike1942 wrote:

Since mid-December i have been unable to send or receive MMS on my E71x. Plain txt messages work fine, just cannot send or receive messages with picture. Any thoughts?

Is it possible that you may have a data block installed on your phone? If not, it could be a problem with the phone's MMS Configuration settings.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Don't know about any data block. it worked previously and don't know what changed. i have tried checking configurations and settings but not sure if something is set wrong or not. how d you determine if data block on. when i send pic msg, it continues to retry sending from outbox and finally gives up.

Message 3 of 5
Master

You could call Customer Service and ask if a data block was ever put on your line, but if you are unaware of the block, then that's probably not it.

It could be the phone, then...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Master

You can check your MMS settings here:

Nokia E71x MMS Settings

And if you cannot use MediaNet on your E71x, you can check your internet settings here:

Nokia E71x Browser/Internet Settings

A working data (i.e. MediaNet) connection is required for MMS to function.  If after reviewing those links compared to your phone's settings, you cannot resolve the issue - contact customer service for their assistance (1-800-331-0500, preferably from another phone so that you will be able to work with your E71x while on the phone with customer service)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support