Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 5, 2011
1:13:23 AM
View profile
? Dumb question/problem about Torch

We have 2 lines - Dh's phone went bad and we always trade and I get the upgraded one since he is hard on them being in construction so we just switch SIM cards.  I finally bit the bullet and ordered a BB Torch along with a minimal data plan (but it was off his plan offer to get the cheaper price).  The problem is one we've never had before and I don't know if it can be fixed.  The BB Torch comes up with DH's phone number instead of mine- obviously it was preprogrammed - can I get them to switch it to my number or allow me to use my old SIM card from my phone?  I guess I didn't think it through before ordering it.  I am so used to just switching out SIM cards it never occurred to me that it would be an upgraded one that wouldn't allow me to do it.

We have 2 lines - Dh's phone went bad and we always trade and I get the upgraded one since he is hard on them being in construction so we just switch SIM cards.  I finally bit the bullet and ordered a BB Torch along with a minimal data plan (but it was off his plan offer to get the cheaper price).  The problem is one we've never had before and I don't know if it can be fixed.  The BB Torch comes up with DH's phone number instead of mine- obviously it was preprogrammed - can I get them to switch it to my number or allow me to use my old SIM card from my phone?  I guess I didn't think it through before ordering it.  I am so used to just switching out SIM cards it never occurred to me that it would be an upgraded one that wouldn't allow me to do it.

? Dumb question/problem about Torch

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2011 9:05:22 AM
(0)
Mentor

If you're talking about the name that appears on other people's caller id when you call them, then yes, just all AT&T customer service and, so long as you are authorized to make changes on the account, you can make each phone provide any name you want.

If you're talking about the name that appears on other people's caller id when you call them, then yes, just all AT&T customer service and, so long as you are authorized to make changes on the account, you can make each phone provide any name you want.

Re: ? Dumb question/problem about Torch

2 of 2 (325 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments