Helpful Links

? Dumb question/problem about Torch

Contributor

? Dumb question/problem about Torch

We have 2 lines - Dh's phone went bad and we always trade and I get the upgraded one since he is hard on them being in construction so we just switch SIM cards.  I finally bit the bullet and ordered a BB Torch along with a minimal data plan (but it was off his plan offer to get the cheaper price).  The problem is one we've never had before and I don't know if it can be fixed.  The BB Torch comes up with DH's phone number instead of mine- obviously it was preprogrammed - can I get them to switch it to my number or allow me to use my old SIM card from my phone?  I guess I didn't think it through before ordering it.  I am so used to just switching out SIM cards it never occurred to me that it would be an upgraded one that wouldn't allow me to do it.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: ? Dumb question/problem about Torch

If you're talking about the name that appears on other people's caller id when you call them, then yes, just all AT&T customer service and, so long as you are authorized to make changes on the account, you can make each phone provide any name you want.

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support