Wireless Forums

Posted Jun 10, 2011
3:51:59 PM
View profile
Dropping 3G connection constantly iPhone 4 OS 4.3

At my wits end...I started wifi hotspot tethering to a Windows netbook and now my 3G data connection drops constantly

after a few minutes (even though still showing 5 bars and 3G icon)  and won't return unless I reset network settings.  If I check ...Safari will say:  "cannot load page as you are not connected to the internet"  ...

I have:

~called ATT at least twenty times doing all the tests they could do.

~had the phone exchanged by Apple with new and new OS install

This all started when I started the tethering plan...this is my third iPhone and never

had a data connection problem until now.  I live near a tower and always show 5 bars at home.

No matter it still drops the connection and has to be restarted constantly to the point of being useless.

I'm think this is a common issue and a Google search bear that out.

I am planning to look for another Mobile WiFi Hotspot device and go back to the minimum data plan

and not rely on my phone's modem for internet connection as there seems to be no solution.

At my wits end...I started wifi hotspot tethering to a Windows netbook and now my 3G data connection drops constantly

after a few minutes (even though still showing 5 bars and 3G icon)  and won't return unless I reset network settings.  If I check ...Safari will say:  "cannot load page as you are not connected to the internet"  ...

I have:

~called ATT at least twenty times doing all the tests they could do.

~had the phone exchanged by Apple with new and new OS install

This all started when I started the tethering plan...this is my third iPhone and never

had a data connection problem until now.  I live near a tower and always show 5 bars at home.

No matter it still drops the connection and has to be restarted constantly to the point of being useless.

I'm think this is a common issue and a Google search bear that out.

I am planning to look for another Mobile WiFi Hotspot device and go back to the minimum data plan

and not rely on my phone's modem for internet connection as there seems to be no solution.

Dropping 3G connection constantly iPhone 4 OS 4.3

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 1:51:28 PM
(0)
Scholar

The issue may be solved if you upgrade your software to 4.3.3 unless you have already done so. Many people I have spoken to tell me that they have the WiFi HotSpot ability also but they have the 4.3.3 software version. So hopefully that helps you.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

The issue may be solved if you upgrade your software to 4.3.3 unless you have already done so. Many people I have spoken to tell me that they have the WiFi HotSpot ability also but they have the 4.3.3 software version. So hopefully that helps you.

Re: Dropping 3G connection constantly iPhone 4 OS 4.3

2 of 3 (764 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 1:55:50 PM
(0)
Employee
Def try the upgrade
Def try the upgrade
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Dropping 3G connection constantly iPhone 4 OS 4.3

3 of 3 (761 Views)