Downloading photos from your cell to your computer

Contributor

Does it cost to a fee, to download photos from your cell phone to your computer?
Message 1 of 10 (9,014 Views)
Expert

Re: Downloading photos from your cell to your computer

missshrewsbury wrote:
Does it cost to a fee, to download photos from your cell phone to your computer?

If you EMAIL them to your computer, you will pay for data uasge if you do not have a messaging plan at $0.01/kb. If you have a cable and hook it to your computer, then, NO, it will not cost you anything.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 2 of 10 (9,004 Views)

MMS to email
Bluetooth networking
Email
Flash card
Direct device connection

You must choose, but choose wisely, for while the true grail will bring you life, the false grail will take it from you.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 10 (8,900 Views)
Scholar

MMS to e-mail, you will have to pay $0.01/kb as said earlier. If your computer has bluetooth and your phone does too, then you can send it through bluetooth with no charge. E-mail from your phone uses data, too (more money). Direct connect with a USB cord or whatever type your phone uses will cost you nothing, either. Hope this helps.
Message 4 of 10 (8,839 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, however I need more specific directions about how to do this, please.  I have my Samsung SYNC connected to my laptop with a USB cable, but I have not figured out how to either download pictures, videos, etc from my cell phone, nor how I can use an MP3 file as as ringtone. I have uploaded the piece of music to my cell phone (it is not in any folder) and it is < 300kb and < 30 seconds long.  How can I set it as a ringtone?  Thank you, in advance, for your help with either or both issues, if you can.

Message 5 of 10 (8,787 Views)
Expert

Metaphysical1 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, however I need more specific directions about how to do this, please.  I have my Samsung SYNC connected to my laptop with a USB cable, but I have not figured out how to either download pictures, videos, etc from my cell phone, nor how I can use an MP3 file as as ringtone. I have uploaded the piece of music to my cell phone (it is not in any folder) and it is < 300kb and < 30 seconds long.  How can I set it as a ringtone?  Thank you, in advance, for your help with either or both issues, if you can.

Do you happen to have a memory card?

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 6 of 10 (8,781 Views)
Contributor

Dcookie -- yes, I do have a memory card.  And, since yesterday, I have managed to copy my photos onto my computer, but the menu does not offer me the option to then delete them from the card.  Can you please tell me how to do that?  Also, I still have the problem with the ringtone.  I have saved it to the card, but I'm not sure what folder it should be in.  And, then when I tried to set it as a ringtone, the menu I opened did not give me that option.  Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Message 7 of 10 (8,766 Views)
Expert

Metaphysical1 wrote:

Dcookie -- yes, I do have a memory card.  And, since yesterday, I have managed to copy my photos onto my computer, but the menu does not offer me the option to then delete them from the card.  Can you please tell me how to do that?  Also, I still have the problem with the ringtone.  I have saved it to the card, but I'm not sure what folder it should be in.  And, then when I tried to set it as a ringtone, the menu I opened did not give me that option.  Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure about your phone, but what I had to do on my Shine was to create a new folder...you can name it anything you want. I called mine, "Downloaded Tones". After I created the folder, I moved my downloaded ringtones, (tones NOT from ATT), to the folder on my memory card. THEN, I had the option to use them as ringtones. Try that...and make sure to keep then UNDER 300 kb.

As for deleting your pics from your memory card, I'm not sure about that. When I take pics, they are saved autonatically to my memory card. What I do is just go into my pictures and delete them one by one. I don't have an option to delete them all at once.

I don't know if this info will help you or not. You can also try searching the forum from the search bar.  

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 8 of 10 (8,759 Views)
Contributor

Hooray!

Dcookie -- Hooray!  It worked! I followed your directions and I got the ringtone to work.  That went so well I tackled the picture problem and at first, my computer did not recognize the photos on my memory card when I transferred the card to the PC.  However, once I started the software that came with the phone and then updated the software, it pulled up a media manager that allows me to move files back and forth between the phone and the PC.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!  Your helpful advice gave me courage to keep working at it and it paid off.  People like you make the world a lot nicer for people like us. May you be blessed...

Message 9 of 10 (8,752 Views)
Expert

Re: Hooray!

Metaphysical1...Well, I'm glad it worked for you. Since I don't have the same phone as you, I really didn't know if it would work on your's like it has on my Shine!! Glad I could help in some small way. Anytime you have a question, ask on the forum. I do!! Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 10 of 10 (8,736 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.