Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forums

Posted Feb 26, 2008
8:56:51 AM
Downloaded MP3s as Ringer for BB Pearl
Can I set songs I've downloaded from P2P sites or ripped onto my computer as ringers for my BB Pearl? And if so can I chose which verse/chorus I want as the ringer?

Sorry if this has been covered before
Can I set songs I've downloaded from P2P sites or ripped onto my computer as ringers for my BB Pearl? And if so can I chose which verse/chorus I want as the ringer?

Sorry if this has been covered before

Downloaded MP3s as Ringer for BB Pearl

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2008 9:09:41 AM
(0)
Professor
Yes, you can set an MP3 as a ringtone, but no, you can't decide what part of the song it plays. For that, you would have to edit the song.
Yes, you can set an MP3 as a ringtone, but no, you can't decide what part of the song it plays. For that, you would have to edit the song.

Re: Downloaded MP3s as Ringer for BB Pearl

2 of 11 (2,213 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2008 9:20:53 AM
(0)
Tutor
I'm pretty sure that is a whole other post.
I'm pretty sure that is a whole other post.

3 of 11 (2,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2008 3:28:21 PM
(0)
Tutor
OK I moved some MP3 files over useing the Device Manager. I was able to change the PHONE tune but I am unable to set up a custom phone tune/ringer for certain contacts.

What do I do now?
OK I moved some MP3 files over useing the Device Manager. I was able to change the PHONE tune but I am unable to set up a custom phone tune/ringer for certain contacts.

What do I do now?

4 of 11 (2,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2008 4:51:23 AM
(0)
Professor
Go into your address book, hilight the contact and press the menu button. Scroll down to Add Custom Phone Tune.
Go into your address book, hilight the contact and press the menu button. Scroll down to Add Custom Phone Tune.

5 of 11 (2,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2008 11:32:15 AM
(0)
Tutor
I figured it out. I had to go to my contacts, chose to pick a custom phone tune, then when the ringtone folder popped up I had to press the Menu key again and chose EXPLORE. From there I was able to choose the appropriate folder where I stored the music.

Thanks everyone!!!
I figured it out. I had to go to my contacts, chose to pick a custom phone tune, then when the ringtone folder popped up I had to press the Menu key again and chose EXPLORE. From there I was able to choose the appropriate folder where I stored the music.

Thanks everyone!!!

6 of 11 (2,129 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2008 8:48:41 PM
(0)
Contributor
I didn't have luck finding info on this anywhere else, so....what do I need in order to edit an mp3 so I can put it on my blackberry as a ringtone?
I didn't have luck finding info on this anywhere else, so....what do I need in order to edit an mp3 so I can put it on my blackberry as a ringtone?

7 of 11 (2,103 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2008 1:28:56 AM
(0)
Tutor
Just store the mp3 file at the "ringtones" directory on your BlackBerry's SD-Card. Then you can select it as a normal ringtone in the ringtone setup of your profile.
Just store the mp3 file at the "ringtones" directory on your BlackBerry's SD-Card. Then you can select it as a normal ringtone in the ringtone setup of your profile.

8 of 11 (2,088 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2008 6:22:03 AM
(0)
Expert

funkym wrote:

Make sure that the Ring Tone Format is one of the following "SP Midi, Standard MIDI, WAV, MP3", also make sure that the ringtone file size is no larger than 300 KB.

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

funkym wrote:

Make sure that the Ring Tone Format is one of the following "SP Midi, Standard MIDI, WAV, MP3", also make sure that the ringtone file size is no larger than 300 KB.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

9 of 11 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2008 8:07:08 AM
(0)
Contributor
OK, i have a ringtone from iTunes but it says its a m4r (I have no idea what that means)....how do I convert it to a format that my blackberry will recoginize?
OK, i have a ringtone from iTunes but it says its a m4r (I have no idea what that means)....how do I convert it to a format that my blackberry will recoginize?

10 of 11 (2,066 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2008 9:19:58 AM
(0)
Professor
M4Rs are iPhone ringtones.

Try Media - Convert. Don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try.
M4Rs are iPhone ringtones.

Try Media - Convert. Don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try.

11 of 11 (505 Views)