Downloaded MP3s as Ringer for BB Pearl

Downloaded MP3s as Ringer for BB Pearl

Can I set songs I've downloaded from P2P sites or ripped onto my computer as ringers for my BB Pearl? And if so can I chose which verse/chorus I want as the ringer?

Sorry if this has been covered before
Message 1 of 11 (2,235 Views)
Professor

Re: Downloaded MP3s as Ringer for BB Pearl

Yes, you can set an MP3 as a ringtone, but no, you can't decide what part of the song it plays. For that, you would have to edit the song.
Message 2 of 11 (2,229 Views)

I'm pretty sure that is a whole other post.
Message 3 of 11 (2,223 Views)

OK I moved some MP3 files over useing the Device Manager. I was able to change the PHONE tune but I am unable to set up a custom phone tune/ringer for certain contacts.

What do I do now?
Message 4 of 11 (2,194 Views)
Professor

Go into your address book, hilight the contact and press the menu button. Scroll down to Add Custom Phone Tune.
Message 5 of 11 (2,169 Views)

I figured it out. I had to go to my contacts, chose to pick a custom phone tune, then when the ringtone folder popped up I had to press the Menu key again and chose EXPLORE. From there I was able to choose the appropriate folder where I stored the music.

Thanks everyone!!!
Message 6 of 11 (2,145 Views)
Contributor

I didn't have luck finding info on this anywhere else, so....what do I need in order to edit an mp3 so I can put it on my blackberry as a ringtone?
Message 7 of 11 (2,119 Views)
Tutor

Just store the mp3 file at the "ringtones" directory on your BlackBerry's SD-Card. Then you can select it as a normal ringtone in the ringtone setup of your profile.
Message 8 of 11 (2,104 Views)
Expert

funkym wrote:
     Just store the mp3 file at the "ringtones" directory on your BlackBerry's SD-Card. Then you can select it as a normal ringtone in the ringtone setup of your profile.

Make sure that the Ring Tone Format is one of the following "SP Midi, Standard MIDI, WAV, MP3", also make sure that the ringtone file size is no larger than 300 KB.
Message 9 of 11 (2,091 Views)
Contributor

OK, i have a ringtone from iTunes but it says its a m4r (I have no idea what that means)....how do I convert it to a format that my blackberry will recoginize?
Message 10 of 11 (2,082 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

M4Rs are iPhone ringtones.

Try Media - Convert. Don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try.
Message 11 of 11 (521 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.