Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 11, 2008
8:10:36 PM
View profile
Download ringtones on palm treo 650
I have been trying for a long time to download ringtones from AT&T to my palm treo 650.  I go through the motions but I never get a text message telling me what else to do and when it says select my phone its not listed on the selections.  Is it possible to get other ringtones other than what is already loaded on the phone?
I have been trying for a long time to download ringtones from AT&T to my palm treo 650.  I go through the motions but I never get a text message telling me what else to do and when it says select my phone its not listed on the selections.  Is it possible to get other ringtones other than what is already loaded on the phone?

Download ringtones on palm treo 650

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2008 1:53:56 AM
(0)
Master

doug4613 wrote:

AT&T does not support ringtones for the Treo 650.  There are other ways to get ringtones:
Treo AMR Ringtones
Treo 650 Ringtones
Turn MP3 Files Into Custom Ringtones

doug4613 wrote:

AT&T does not support ringtones for the Treo 650.  There are other ways to get ringtones:
Treo AMR Ringtones
Treo 650 Ringtones
Turn MP3 Files Into Custom Ringtones

Re: Download ringtones on palm treo 650

2 of 4 (4,696 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2008 8:23:38 PM
(0)
Scholar
I strongly suggest that you avoid any commercial website that offers ringtones that you have to buy or websites with free ringtones that could be potential viruses. There are ways of making your own ringtones completely free and as much as you want out of any music file. Just get any simple software for sound editing or just for creating ringtones (use your search skills in google to find them or buy the software.. I use Roxio, but that's expensive). It should come with it's own instructions, but basically you take any mp3 or music file and open it with the sound editing software and then cut out any part that you want and save at as any music file type that works best for your phone and then putting it on there.
I strongly suggest that you avoid any commercial website that offers ringtones that you have to buy or websites with free ringtones that could be potential viruses. There are ways of making your own ringtones completely free and as much as you want out of any music file. Just get any simple software for sound editing or just for creating ringtones (use your search skills in google to find them or buy the software.. I use Roxio, but that's expensive). It should come with it's own instructions, but basically you take any mp3 or music file and open it with the sound editing software and then cut out any part that you want and save at as any music file type that works best for your phone and then putting it on there.

3 of 4 (4,632 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2008 12:54:31 PM
(0)
Mentor
A free alternative would be to cut some mp3 song at http://mp3mer.com and transfer the ringtone to the phone using a USB cable or bluetooth.
A free alternative would be to cut some mp3 song at http://mp3mer.com and transfer the ringtone to the phone using a USB cable or bluetooth.

4 of 4 (4,577 Views)