Double entry in phone book on HTC Inspire

Teacher

Double entry in phone book on HTC Inspire

My wife and I have recently purchased 2 HTC Inspire phones and have had all of our contacts transferred from our previously used phones.

On my new phone, when I look at the list of contacts, I see two entries for each contact.  One entry has a "blacked out" picture of the contact, and the entry directly below that shows the same name and phone number with the symbol for the SD card to the left.

I know that one set of contacts is stored on the internal memory of the phone and the second set of contacts is on my SD card in the phone.

Since this makes my total list of entries in the phone book twice as long as it needs to be, is it possible to eliminate this "double" entry ?  I don't need to actually "remove" the second list from the phone, but it would be nice if I didn't see so many contacts when I look up a phone number.

I might add, that my wife's phone has only one list appearing on her phone.

Thanks for your help.

Hanagan

Message 1 of 20 (2,039 Views)
Teacher

Re: Double entry in phone book on HTC Inspire

redpoint73,

That was easier than I thought.  Everything is working like a charm.

Thanks to all.

Hanagan

Message 16 of 20 (1,538 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Heh, no problem.  The best answer you could have hoped for, right?  You have to do . . . nothing!

Oh, and you're doing just fine, by the way.  Your age has nothing to do with it.  Smartphones can take some getting used to, for people of any age.  Lots of this stuff is not obvious, by any means.  And that's one reason why forums like this exist!

Message 17 of 20 (1,525 Views)
Teacher

redpoint73,

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement.

Hanagan

Message 18 of 20 (1,515 Views)
Tutor

I have the same problem now and then, but when I tried to delete one entry it deleted all the entries for that one person...

If I turn my phone off and on again it goes away.  The first one I bought in April HTC Inspire could not hear on it, people could not understand me, lost calls all the time.. garbled conversations, so I used my husbands Sony to talk.  After 5 trips to ATT they decided to replace the Inspire and I got another this week, now it dows the same.. people can't hear and conversations garbled and can hear every other word only.  Dropped calls.. and triple contacts.

Message 19 of 20 (1,469 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

bevsart wrote:

I have the same problem now and then, but when I tried to delete one entry it deleted all the entries for that one person...

If I turn my phone off and on again it goes away.  The first one I bought in April HTC Inspire could not hear on it, people could not understand me, lost calls all the time.. garbled conversations, so I used my husbands Sony to talk.  After 5 trips to ATT they decided to replace the Inspire and I got another this week, now it dows the same.. people can't hear and conversations garbled and can hear every other word only.  Dropped calls.. and triple contacts.

The triple contacts sounds like something you did, as far as how you migrated or synched your Contacts.  Without telling us exactly what you did, its impossible to say what the solution is.  But various solutions are given on this thread.

Dropped and garbled calls is a very different issue.  Sorry you are having problems.  Might just be bad luck, or a bad batch?  I'm on my 3rd HTC phone over 3-4 years, and the quality has always been excellent.

It shouldn't have taken 5 trips for AT&T to replace the phone.   If a factory reset and replacing your SIM didn't fix the issue, they should have just replaced the phone right away, as it sounds like a hardware defect.

Message 20 of 20 (1,463 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.