Don't be surprised if AT&T Mobility Becomes "T-Mobile"

Professor

Don't be surprised if AT&T Mobility Becomes "T-Mobile"

Several articles including one found in the New York Times elaborates on AT&T's overseas interests in servinc  big businesses.

If the  business facet of revenue become more lucrative than the wireless, I wouldnt be too surporsed if the ATT/Tmobile deal is to push a negative segment of their business elsewhere (rebrand customers to T-Mobile) and ATT focus the next few years on developing business clients, making a similar move like what occurred during the cingular buyout.

Just a spookie thought.

Message 1 of 9 (1,389 Views)
Mentor

Re: Don't be surprised if AT&T Mobility Becomes "T-Mobile"

Nothing AT&T does would surprise me.  Along with AT&T Wireless disappearing so do the bad rating and bad image of their customer service reps.  If they do become T-Mobile they can hide behind T-Mobiles customer service rating that are better than AT&T. 

Message 2 of 9 (1,380 Views)
Professor

I doubt they would do that.  They go out of thier way to accociate the brand with at&t wired service. 

Message 3 of 9 (1,359 Views)
Tutor

My cell service with AT&T is so bad I actually have considered checking out TMobile b/c I have heard they are good in my area. I hope this deal goes thru so I can make a decent phone call without the hassle of changing companies.

Message 4 of 9 (1,046 Views)
Professor

Where is your service area. Arkansas? (guessing from your screenname). I thought the Ark area had decent coverage. With att-mobile, you shouod see better for sure. Might just wanna stick with att.
Message 5 of 9 (1,041 Views)
Professor

I live in Arkansas, and for the most part we have good service.  But there are areas of the state that don't.

Message 6 of 9 (963 Views)
Professor

Hey Fred!, yep I read some place that in general, Ark has good service. ,maybe ARKSOU might be having other service reception issues like structural or terrain
Message 7 of 9 (944 Views)
Highlighted

I know I have considered changing from AT&T, but my wife is a "loyal" customer. I have not had problems with customer service, just coverage. I run into too many dead zones. We have been with them since the Cingular days. I don't remember the signal being bad when we first moved into our house. I am convinced the coverage in my neighborhood has degraded. I got one of those microcells, which is nice IN the house, but if I step into the yard it sucks. And it is not just my phone, anyone with At&T has the same problem. Had a friend of my son's over the other day that has Sprint, she had 3 bars in my living room. I wouldn't think my problem is a terrain or structural issue then, unless Sprint just has a better signal source. A merger our buyout might be nice. Combine the towers and we may get some decent coverage!!

Message 8 of 9 (559 Views)
Professor

Darth, how is Tmobile in your area? Hopefully your city/location will benefit from the 4gLTE upgrades going on currently. Theres a proposed map online for each state and displays att's projected coverage and network upgradeYep, sucks to not have cellular at home andaround the neighborhood. Where are the closest att towers in,your area?
Message 9 of 9 (547 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.