Don't Buy A Microcell! (Sorry if you already did. Take it Back if it's less than 30 days old.)

Don't Buy A Microcell! (Sorry if you already did. Take it Back if it's less than 30 days old.)

I've had my microcell for a little over a year, and at this point it is disconnected because as bad as cell service is without it, it's way better than service with it.  Lot's of problems with outgoiing calls failing, and at this point, outgoing voice quality is so choppy on so many calls that are connected, it is useless.  AT&T support has got to be about the worst there is.  Really good at saying "Thank You" and "I'm Sorry", but solutions are not part of the program. 

What's the best way to avoid microcell problems?  Don't buy one.

Message 1 of 3 (3,400 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Don't Buy A Microcell! (Sorry if you already did. Take it Back if it's less than 30 days old.)

Worthless crap. I have had mine over a year and reset it at least once a day. Worked fair first month or two. Now I am paying $10 per phone to use a piece of crap that only works part time. DO NOT BUT ONE save your money.

Message 2 of 3 (2,904 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Don't Buy A Microcell! (Sorry if you already did. Take it Back if it's less than 30 days old.)

OTOH, there are lots of us who have no problems at all after a bit of a rocky start, even with iPhones 3GS, and 4. I agree that AT&T support is abysmal and useless, and that the MicroCell has more issues than it should have, but for a lot of folks, it does work. However, it all depends, in part ,on how you use your cell phone.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (2,858 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.