Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 21, 2011
6:35:02 PM
View profile
Does using data on the M-Cell count against my usage?

I'm having WIFI issues and was wondering if I use data on my M-Cell does it count against my AT&T data or my ISP's usage?

Anyone know how to increase the data speeds on the M-Cell?  I get around 1.5-2.5 down.

I'm having WIFI issues and was wondering if I use data on my M-Cell does it count against my AT&T data or my ISP's usage?

Anyone know how to increase the data speeds on the M-Cell?  I get around 1.5-2.5 down.

Does using data on the M-Cell count against my usage?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 4:17:59 PM
(0)
Teacher

Yes, usage counts against your data plan, as do your minutes, unless you buy their unlimited minutes on MC. Think of the microcell as being no different than using your phone anywhere.

Yes, usage counts against your data plan, as do your minutes, unless you buy their unlimited minutes on MC. Think of the microcell as being no different than using your phone anywhere.

Re: Does using data on the M-Cell count against my usage?

2 of 6 (1,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 9:03:12 PM
(0)
Scholar

That's lame since its using my ISP's bandwidth.  

3 of 6 (1,582 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 3:37:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

MJB0188 wrote:

That was the first biggest complaint against the MicroCell and it should have been/was explained to you.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

MJB0188 wrote:

That was the first biggest complaint against the MicroCell and it should have been/was explained to you.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (1,552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2011 1:43:27 PM
(0)
Scholar

This seems to not actually be a "mini cell tower", but just routes it through your internet connection - which you're already paying for...and then we have to pay for the MC AND 'minutes' and data used?!?!

This seems to not actually be a "mini cell tower", but just routes it through your internet connection - which you're already paying for...and then we have to pay for the MC AND 'minutes' and data used?!?!

5 of 6 (1,517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2011 10:19:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

My advice is to fix your WiFi issues.  Cell data through the MicroCell is pretty bad.  The speeds are often lower than what you'd get on the regular Cell network, and also the data counts against your cell data allocation, because AT&T routes it all through their cell network backhaul and accounts for it the same way that they account for cell data through their standard towers.  It is not just "routing it through the Internet".  Cell data through the MicroCell should just be thought of as a convenience, not anything to use regularly. 

My advice is to fix your WiFi issues.  Cell data through the MicroCell is pretty bad.  The speeds are often lower than what you'd get on the regular Cell network, and also the data counts against your cell data allocation, because AT&T routes it all through their cell network backhaul and accounts for it the same way that they account for cell data through their standard towers.  It is not just "routing it through the Internet".  Cell data through the MicroCell should just be thought of as a convenience, not anything to use regularly. 

6 of 6 (1,439 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments