Does unlimited family messaging cover these things?

Contributor

Does unlimited family messaging cover these things?

I just got a new phone (Pantech Pursuit) and it comes with lots of pre-installed features, such as facebook, myspace, email, and some games (Tetris, Diner Dash, Rolling with Katamari, etc.). When I try to open one, even the games, I get an alert saying that I'm accessing the network and that data charges may apply. I am currently signed up for the unlimited family messaging plan. Does this cover any of the features I mentioned? Will I be charged every time I access one of them (even a game)? 

Message 1 of 4 (2,129 Views)

Re: Does unlimited family messaging cover these things?

[ Edited ]

The messaging plan covers messaging.  That includes messages sent through SMS, messages sent through MMS, and messages sent through the pre-installed IM client.

Data is not messaging and requires a data plan.  Downloading games or applications uses data.  Accessing Facebook, etc., uses data.  Some applications, such as multi-player games, use data after they're installed.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (2,122 Views)
Master

erichamion wrote:

The messaging plan covers messaging.  That includes messages sent through SMS, messages sent through MMS, and messages sent through the pre-installed IM client.

Data is not messaging and requires a data plan.  Downloading games or applications uses data.  Accessing Facebook, etc., uses data.  Some applications, such as multi-player games, use data after they're installed.

Right. A data plan would be needed to access the Internet, as well as any games if you want to avoid those hefty charges.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 4 (2,026 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

artz5464 wrote:

I just got a new phone (Pantech Pursuit) and it comes with lots of pre-installed features, such as facebook, myspace, email, and some games (Tetris, Diner Dash, Rolling with Katamari, etc.). When I try to open one, even the games, I get an alert saying that I'm accessing the network and that data charges may apply. I am currently signed up for the unlimited family messaging plan. Does this cover any of the features I mentioned? Will I be charged every time I access one of them (even a game)? 

That alert is also a "warning" telling you that you are about to access the internet and use data. Data is totally different from your messaging plan. If you want to play games, get the data plan.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 4 (1,976 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.