Does this app exist?

Scholar

Does this app exist?

I'm not sure if the is the right place for an app question (is there a more appropriate place?) but I am looking for an iPhone 4S app that allows you to follow select NBA players to see how they are doing as the season goes along.  I am trying to keep an eye on former Florida Gators in the NBA (other sports would be nice to).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance... Bob

Message 1 of 5

Re: Does this app exist?

Have you thought about a Fantasy Football app?

I know the MyESPN section of the ESPN website allows you to track individual athletes, but I'm not sure how well that translates to the Mobile ESPN web site.

Message 2 of 5
Scholar

That's a very good idea (do they actually give status or just fantasy points).  One thing that will make it a little tougher though is that we are talking basketball and not football but I'll see if it is doable.

Thanks again... Bob

Message 3 of 5

The pickings do appear a bit slimmer for Fantasy Basketball apps, but I know ESPN has one. 

As an alternate suggestion, you may want to look into an RSS aggregator (Really Simple Syndication). You can pick and choose your feeds, although I don't know if the NBA publishes individual player's stats as RSS feeds. 

Message 4 of 5
Scholar

I looked into the fantasy angle.  There are a few problems.  Must (if not all) of the fantasy leagues are closed for membership as the season is actually more than half over.  In a fantasy league it would defeat the whole purpose if you could just take all the players you wanted without giving other teams a chance in a draft.  I know a service like this is available it's just a matter of locating it.  I sent ESPN an email asking if they could do it or a recommend someone else if not.

Bob

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support