Does this app exist?

Scholar

Does this app exist?

I'm not sure if the is the right place for an app question (is there a more appropriate place?) but I am looking for an iPhone 4S app that allows you to follow select NBA players to see how they are doing as the season goes along.  I am trying to keep an eye on former Florida Gators in the NBA (other sports would be nice to).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance... Bob

Message 1 of 5 (209 Views)

Re: Does this app exist?

Have you thought about a Fantasy Football app?

I know the MyESPN section of the ESPN website allows you to track individual athletes, but I'm not sure how well that translates to the Mobile ESPN web site.

Message 2 of 5 (167 Views)
Scholar

That's a very good idea (do they actually give status or just fantasy points).  One thing that will make it a little tougher though is that we are talking basketball and not football but I'll see if it is doable.

Thanks again... Bob

Message 3 of 5 (160 Views)

The pickings do appear a bit slimmer for Fantasy Basketball apps, but I know ESPN has one. 

As an alternate suggestion, you may want to look into an RSS aggregator (Really Simple Syndication). You can pick and choose your feeds, although I don't know if the NBA publishes individual player's stats as RSS feeds. 

Message 4 of 5 (146 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

I looked into the fantasy angle.  There are a few problems.  Must (if not all) of the fantasy leagues are closed for membership as the season is actually more than half over.  In a fantasy league it would defeat the whole purpose if you could just take all the players you wanted without giving other teams a chance in a draft.  I know a service like this is available it's just a matter of locating it.  I sent ESPN an email asking if they could do it or a recommend someone else if not.

Bob

Message 5 of 5 (131 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.