Does it cost money to set up a voicemail?

Mentor

Does it cost money to set up a voicemail?

i was wondering if it cost money to call ur voice mail and set one up??????
909 Views
Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: Does it cost money to set up a voicemail?



kg9213 wrote:
     I was wondering if it cost money to call ur voice mail and set one up??????

     Unfortunatly it does, voicemail can only be set up from the wireless phone, and when called from your wireless phone it wil charge you as a normal daytime/non-mobile to mobile call, however once set up, you can get your voicemail from any other phone by calling your own wireless number froma different phone.
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Re: Does it cost money to set up a voicemail?

Yeah, it cost me about 20 or 30 cents plus the $1 daily access for me (I have PAYG plan) to first set up my voicemail since it took a few minutes to set it up, like wilcre said.  And when you check it from your cell phone it is the same as making a cell call, so you get charged the same.  But otherwise it doesn't cost anything extra to have it.
 
Because I don't like to spend $1 daily access and the per minute charge, unless I'm in the middle of nowhere, I do like wilcre said and just call my cell phone number from a landline when I get the voicemail notification.  Either turn off your cellphone before you do this or don't answer it so the system will go to voicemail, then when it comes up, hit * on your phone and it will go to your voicemail menu where you can check and manage your voicemails.


Message Edited by milkbaby on 06-12-2008 10:40:40 PM
Message 3 of 5

Re: Does it cost money to set up a voicemail?



wilcre wrote:


kg9213 wrote:
     I was wondering if it cost money to call ur voice mail and set one up??????

     Unfortunatly it does, voicemail can only be set up from the wireless phone, and when called from your wireless phone it wil charge you as a normal daytime/non-mobile to mobile call, however once set up, you can get your voicemail from any other phone by calling your own wireless number froma different phone.



I called my own voicemail last night (on a Saturday with the N&W option) and saw it deducted .20 cents from my account for voice minutes.  Does calling voicemail count as an anytime call, even if its on a weekend and you have the weekend minute option?
Message 4 of 5
Expert

Re: Does it cost money to set up a voicemail?



ericaaronashley wrote:


wilcre wrote:


kg9213 wrote:
     I was wondering if it cost money to call ur voice mail and set one up??????

     Unfortunatly it does, voicemail can only be set up from the wireless phone, and when called from your wireless phone it wil charge you as a normal daytime/non-mobile to mobile call, however once set up, you can get your voicemail from any other phone by calling your own wireless number froma different phone.

     I called my own voicemail last night (on a Saturday with the N&W option) and saw it deducted .20 cents from my account for voice minutes.  Does calling voicemail count as an anytime call, even if its on a weekend and you have the weekend minute option?

     Unforunatly yes it does.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support