Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 8, 2011
7:40:01 PM
View profile
Does anyone really like their phone
Edited by heajen555 on Jan 8, 2011 at 8:29:13 PM

Is there anyone who has a phone that they really like?  I am looking for a new phone.  I would like a qwerty since all I do is TM and talk on the phone.  Thank you

Is there anyone who has a phone that they really like?  I am looking for a new phone.  I would like a qwerty since all I do is TM and talk on the phone.  Thank you

Does anyone really like their phone

[ Edited ]
11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2011 8:01:29 PM
(0)
Master
I'm not really sure which thread to reply to because you've double posted many times, but I want to offer you a good guide list/choice. First of all, what do you like in a phone? A smartphone, (which requires a data plan) a full QWERTY keyboard, touchscreen, basic, etc.? Follow those guidelines, and then we can make some more accurate choices for you. I, for one, like my current Samsung Mythic very much. It's an all-touchscreen device, and it really neat. It's proven to work very well for me in the almost seven months I have had it. I've only had one or two issues with it. They weren't serious, though. Because you've posted this question across all the main device boards, I'm sure you'll get a lot of options. You may have to narrow it down to what you like the most.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I'm not really sure which thread to reply to because you've double posted many times, but I want to offer you a good guide list/choice. First of all, what do you like in a phone? A smartphone, (which requires a data plan) a full QWERTY keyboard, touchscreen, basic, etc.? Follow those guidelines, and then we can make some more accurate choices for you. I, for one, like my current Samsung Mythic very much. It's an all-touchscreen device, and it really neat. It's proven to work very well for me in the almost seven months I have had it. I've only had one or two issues with it. They weren't serious, though. Because you've posted this question across all the main device boards, I'm sure you'll get a lot of options. You may have to narrow it down to what you like the most.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

Re: Does anyone really like their phone

2 of 12 (1,297 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2011 8:30:25 PM
(0)
Teacher

I wasn't sure if I needed to post under each different phone or not.  Sorry.  I am looking for a qwerty, all I do is TM and talk.  Nothing else

I wasn't sure if I needed to post under each different phone or not.  Sorry.  I am looking for a qwerty, all I do is TM and talk.  Nothing else

3 of 12 (1,281 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2011 8:45:28 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ckuczek on Jan 8, 2011 at 9:09:39 PM

I have a Samsung Solstice 2 that I purchased in December and I love it.  I do not want or need a smart phone, but I was looking for a phone that fit all of my criteria and this phone works great.  The audio quality sounds excellent on it and I'm glad that I got it.  The capacitive touch screen is very responsive, which I like.  One of the features on this device that I really like is that it displays sent and received text messages one by one.  It's a great phone and I highly recommend it.

I have a Samsung Solstice 2 that I purchased in December and I love it.  I do not want or need a smart phone, but I was looking for a phone that fit all of my criteria and this phone works great.  The audio quality sounds excellent on it and I'm glad that I got it.  The capacitive touch screen is very responsive, which I like.  One of the features on this device that I really like is that it displays sent and received text messages one by one.  It's a great phone and I highly recommend it.

Re: A phone you like?

[ Edited ]
4 of 12 (1,279 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 2:21:42 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it.

Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it.

Re: A phone you like?

5 of 12 (1,151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 3:53:48 PM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

WOW you just described the features i look for in a phone!   Its time to give one of my Tilt2's a proper burial and i am sooo holding out for the latest line of products from ATT. I just know they are going to push out some good handsets now that they are not focusing on the iphone so much.  i DO like the Iphone, but couldnt get it to work most of the time, either at home or the office, and i didnt like how i couldnt customize it as easily as a windows mobile fone (yep im still a dinosaur user).... well i do still have oen of those block size nokias on the shelf.    heh.

Wild Banchi wrote:

WOW you just described the features i look for in a phone!   Its time to give one of my Tilt2's a proper burial and i am sooo holding out for the latest line of products from ATT. I just know they are going to push out some good handsets now that they are not focusing on the iphone so much.  i DO like the Iphone, but couldnt get it to work most of the time, either at home or the office, and i didnt like how i couldnt customize it as easily as a windows mobile fone (yep im still a dinosaur user).... well i do still have oen of those block size nokias on the shelf.    heh.

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

6 of 12 (1,050 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 5:43:27 PM
(0)
Master

RicoLX wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Hmmm... I guess we have similar tastes. Smiley Wink But yeah. With the iPhone moving on, I think AT&T will step up their game. The devices I am looking at/wanting/am interested in are the Samsung Captivate, or, more importantly, that new HTC Inspire 4G. That looks SWEET.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

RicoLX wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Hmmm... I guess we have similar tastes. Smiley Wink But yeah. With the iPhone moving on, I think AT&T will step up their game. The devices I am looking at/wanting/am interested in are the Samsung Captivate, or, more importantly, that new HTC Inspire 4G. That looks SWEET.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

7 of 12 (1,039 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 6:39:53 PM
(0)
Scholar

I actually like my Dell Streak. It has an awesome 5" screen, is fast, and works well for the most part, though it's limited by a lack of upgrade to android 2.2 or higher. 

Guess it's just not the features we have to consider now when buying a new phone. It's also "what's the operating systems version", and if on ATT, will they ever release an update......

I actually like my Dell Streak. It has an awesome 5" screen, is fast, and works well for the most part, though it's limited by a lack of upgrade to android 2.2 or higher. 

Guess it's just not the features we have to consider now when buying a new phone. It's also "what's the operating systems version", and if on ATT, will they ever release an update......

8 of 12 (1,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2011 9:09:24 AM
(0)
Master

diagoro wrote:

Another good reason to just buy non-branded imho as there have been a number of at&t smartphone models where an update was never released. Smiley Wink 

By choosing a non-branded model, when the manufacturer updates the o/s you have readily available access to the update without potentially voiding your warranty; plus just the fact that your warranty service is provided directly by the manufacturer without all the finger pointing between the manufacturer and the carrier as to "who's" responsibility it is to service the claim.

Customers definitely pay a high price for their equipment "subsidy". Smiley Sad

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

diagoro wrote:

Another good reason to just buy non-branded imho as there have been a number of at&t smartphone models where an update was never released. Smiley Wink 

By choosing a non-branded model, when the manufacturer updates the o/s you have readily available access to the update without potentially voiding your warranty; plus just the fact that your warranty service is provided directly by the manufacturer without all the finger pointing between the manufacturer and the carrier as to "who's" responsibility it is to service the claim.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

9 of 12 (996 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2011 9:22:44 AM
(0)
Professor

hme83 wrote:

diagoro wrote:

Any links to some decent sites to buy non-branded phones that works on ATT? I might venture into this option for my next phone.

hme83 wrote:

diagoro wrote:

Any links to some decent sites to buy non-branded phones that works on ATT? I might venture into this option for my next phone.

10 of 12 (990 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2011 9:55:41 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by hme83 on Jan 15, 2011 at 9:58:59 AM

RicoLX wrote:

hme83 wrote:

diagoro wrote:

I'd just start with the manufacturer's website for whatever manufacturer interests you. Smiley Wink  Then go from there in terms of finding retailers if you don't want to purchase directly from the manufacturer.  You can get non-subsidized devices from amazon and ebay, as well as other on-line retailers.  Best Buy is a B&M option; but you need to first determine what models are available and compatible with at&t's service - and that may best be done at the manufacturer's own site (i.e. 850 and 1900 mhz GSM and 3G). 

I'm not as familiar with all the other smartphone brands, but you can purchase both Nokia and SE non-branded devices directly from the manufacturer, and they have many models (smartphone and feature phones) that are compatible with at&t's service (at least in terms of GSM, but more models all the time that are also compatible with at&t's 3G network) that are never picked up by a service provider. 

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

RicoLX wrote:

hme83 wrote:

diagoro wrote:

I'd just start with the manufacturer's website for whatever manufacturer interests you. Smiley Wink  Then go from there in terms of finding retailers if you don't want to purchase directly from the manufacturer.  You can get non-subsidized devices from amazon and ebay, as well as other on-line retailers.  Best Buy is a B&M option; but you need to first determine what models are available and compatible with at&t's service - and that may best be done at the manufacturer's own site (i.e. 850 and 1900 mhz GSM and 3G). 

I'm not as familiar with all the other smartphone brands, but you can purchase both Nokia and SE non-branded devices directly from the manufacturer, and they have many models (smartphone and feature phones) that are compatible with at&t's service (at least in terms of GSM, but more models all the time that are also compatible with at&t's 3G network) that are never picked up by a service provider. 

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

[ Edited ]
11 of 12 (283 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2011 8:27:52 AM
(0)
Professor

hme83 wrote:
 and they have many models (smartphone and feature phones) that are compatible with at&t's service (at least in terms of GSM, but more models all the time that are also compatible with at&t's 3G network) that are never picked up by a service provider. 

I may just save up a few extra bucks and go this route. Im an HTC and Sony Ericsson fan mysef. Hoping to grab a smartphone with full keyboard plus the same if not better features as my trusty ole Tilt 2 has (had, sniff sniff...).  It was a nice memorial service last nite.

hme83 wrote:
 and they have many models (smartphone and feature phones) that are compatible with at&t's service (at least in terms of GSM, but more models all the time that are also compatible with at&t's 3G network) that are never picked up by a service provider. 

I may just save up a few extra bucks and go this route. Im an HTC and Sony Ericsson fan mysef. Hoping to grab a smartphone with full keyboard plus the same if not better features as my trusty ole Tilt 2 has (had, sniff sniff...).  It was a nice memorial service last nite.

12 of 12 (260 Views)