Does anyone know when I use the fm radio on my phone does it use my minutes?

Contributor

Does anyone know when I use the fm radio on my phone does it use my minutes?

Message 1 of 7 (6,780 Views)
Expert

Re: Does anyone know when I use the fm radio on my phone does it use my minutes?

[ Edited ]

No, it does not. The only thing it will use is the battery. You are only using the fm radio that is on the phone itself.

Message Edited by Dcookie on 05-31-2009 03:39:47 PM

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 2 of 7 (6,778 Views)
Professor

Re: Does anyone know when I use the fm radio on my phone does it use my minutes?

I always wanted a phone with an FM tuner. Now that I have one, I never use itSmiley Tongue. The only time I used it is when I went snowboarding... I use it much less than I thought I would, but it is still cool to have Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7 (6,690 Views)
Expert

guandalf wrote:
I always wanted a phone with an FM tuner. Now that I have one, I never use itSmiley Tongue. The only time I used it is when I went snowboarding... I use it much less than I thought I would, but it is still cool to have Smiley Happy

I have an old Nokia 6102 that I still use when we go to hockey games. The next phone I get BETTER have an fm radio!! I have to do a little searching to find one that ATT carries. Do you know of any other than your Fuze?? I'm NOT particularly interested in ANY of the Sony Ericcson's.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 7 (6,686 Views)
Professor

Dcookie wrote:

guandalf wrote:

I have an old Nokia 6102 that I still use when we go to hockey games. The next phone I get BETTER have an fm radio!! I have to do a little searching to find one that ATT carries. Do you know of any other than your Fuze?? I'm NOT particularly interested in ANY of the Sony Ericcson's.

As I am not too bothered with this feature I never really look into having it on a phone. I think the Nokia e71 might have it too

Message 5 of 7 (6,682 Views)
Expert

guandalf wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

guandalf wrote:

As I am not too bothered with this feature I never really look into having it on a phone. I think the Nokia e71 might have it too

Don't think I'm really interested in a Smartphone OR the $30 data plan.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 6 of 7 (6,679 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

If it is a true fm "tuner" you will not be charged for minutes or data. If it's one of those apps that uses fm "Internet" stations then you will be charged data. All you need to make sure is check your users manual for your phone and make sure it's a true "tuner"
Message 7 of 7 (6,047 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.