Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 4, 2011
2:36:52 PM
View profile
Does anyone else find this absurd?
I bought a refurb 16g iPhone 3GS in Febuary 2010. Yesterday I dropped it and cracked the glass. I went to an Att store today looking to replace it with a $49.99 3GS. They told me I had to pay full price ($400 some for a phone model that is 3 years old) or wait until September when I'm eligible for an upgrade. I am a good costumer who pays his bills on time. I am (was) planning to stay with Att so it's not like I am trying to rob them. I don't think think getting a replacement (not an upgrade) for a low price Is so unreasonable. Now I am stuck with a working but broken phone for the next two months. I am now considering Verizon come next Febuary but probably won't have better luck with them. My next phone I will be purchasing Apple Care. Apple treats there costumers better than this. Does anyone else find this completely absurd?
I bought a refurb 16g iPhone 3GS in Febuary 2010. Yesterday I dropped it and cracked the glass. I went to an Att store today looking to replace it with a $49.99 3GS. They told me I had to pay full price ($400 some for a phone model that is 3 years old) or wait until September when I'm eligible for an upgrade. I am a good costumer who pays his bills on time. I am (was) planning to stay with Att so it's not like I am trying to rob them. I don't think think getting a replacement (not an upgrade) for a low price Is so unreasonable. Now I am stuck with a working but broken phone for the next two months. I am now considering Verizon come next Febuary but probably won't have better luck with them. My next phone I will be purchasing Apple Care. Apple treats there costumers better than this. Does anyone else find this completely absurd?

Does anyone else find this absurd?

52 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(52)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2011 2:39:06 PM
(0)
Scholar

Take it to an Apple store and ask if they can do something for you...

Sometimes they will,  if you're nice.

Don't expect much from AT&T, they have you locked to a contract and they remind you of that at every stop.

Take it to an Apple store and ask if they can do something for you...

Sometimes they will,  if you're nice.

Don't expect much from AT&T, they have you locked to a contract and they remind you of that at every stop.

Re: Does anyone else find this absurd?

2 of 53 (1,157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2011 4:38:22 PM
(0)
Professor

shagstudios2004 wrote:

What I find obsure is people like yourself that believe they are entitled to a discounted device despite the fact they are still under contract for the discounted device they already have.  Based on the details you provided, you are only entitled to pay either full price for a replacement or the Early upgrade price.

The only thing Apple may do for you is either offer you the $199 Out of Warranty replacement or possible, IF you are really nice, replace it under warranty.  I do not believe they replace the screens.  Apple is not required to do anything for you. Based on your own description, the device is damaged due to your negligence (i.e. dropping the device).

By the way, AppleCare does NOT cover user negligence either.  AT&T is treating you the same way they treat all customers, per the terms of the contract you agreed to.  Just because you believe you are entitled to something does not make it true.

shagstudios2004 wrote:

What I find obsure is people like yourself that believe they are entitled to a discounted device despite the fact they are still under contract for the discounted device they already have.  Based on the details you provided, you are only entitled to pay either full price for a replacement or the Early upgrade price.

The only thing Apple may do for you is either offer you the $199 Out of Warranty replacement or possible, IF you are really nice, replace it under warranty.  I do not believe they replace the screens.  Apple is not required to do anything for you. Based on your own description, the device is damaged due to your negligence (i.e. dropping the device).

By the way, AppleCare does NOT cover user negligence either.  AT&T is treating you the same way they treat all customers, per the terms of the contract you agreed to.  Just because you believe you are entitled to something does not make it true.

3 of 53 (1,136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2011 4:56:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

shagstudios2004 wrote:
I went to an Att store today looking to replace it with a $49.99 3GS. They told me I had to pay full price ($400 some for a phone model that is 3 years old) or wait until September when I'm eligible for an upgrade.
Absurd? No. AT&T gave you your options. You can't expect to pay just $49.99 to get a new replacement phone...that's the new two-year contract or upgrade price for a new iPhone 3GS. If I were you, I would just try to cope with the one with the broken screen you have now. Unless you want to pay $400 for a new one when your upgrade eligibility date is two months away, anyway...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

shagstudios2004 wrote:
I went to an Att store today looking to replace it with a $49.99 3GS. They told me I had to pay full price ($400 some for a phone model that is 3 years old) or wait until September when I'm eligible for an upgrade.
Absurd? No. AT&T gave you your options. You can't expect to pay just $49.99 to get a new replacement phone...that's the new two-year contract or upgrade price for a new iPhone 3GS. If I were you, I would just try to cope with the one with the broken screen you have now. Unless you want to pay $400 for a new one when your upgrade eligibility date is two months away, anyway...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 53 (1,135 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2011 5:39:01 PM
(0)
Scholar

sorry that you dropped it.but don't expect any help from at&t.

your still to far  out for an early up grade.

sorry that you dropped it.but don't expect any help from at&t.

your still to far  out for an early up grade.

5 of 53 (1,130 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2011 5:44:53 PM
(0)
Professor
Many customers have had success with having the screen fixed at the Apple store, no charge, while they wait.

My friend dropped his iPhone 4 a couple of weeks ago, and I suggested this. He went in and asked nicely and respectfully (sans any entitlement attitudes), and they took care of him in about 10 minutes.

I'd recommend consulting Apple with ANY hardware issues. Most customers have much better luck with them than at AT&T.
Many customers have had success with having the screen fixed at the Apple store, no charge, while they wait.

My friend dropped his iPhone 4 a couple of weeks ago, and I suggested this. He went in and asked nicely and respectfully (sans any entitlement attitudes), and they took care of him in about 10 minutes.

I'd recommend consulting Apple with ANY hardware issues. Most customers have much better luck with them than at AT&T.

6 of 53 (1,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2011 7:50:43 PM
(0)
Scholar

satchev wrote:

shagstudios2004 wrote:
  I do not believe they replace the screens.  Apple is not required to do anything for you. Based on your own description, the device is damaged due to your negligence (i.e. dropping the device).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And therein lies another Satchev supposition.
Changing a screen is a 10 minute job, and the 3Gs screen is a cheap part.  The Apple store has been known to change the screen at no charge, in the name of customer satisfaction - something AT&T knows nothing about.
All the little AT&T fanboys need not reply.

satchev wrote:

shagstudios2004 wrote:
  I do not believe they replace the screens.  Apple is not required to do anything for you. Based on your own description, the device is damaged due to your negligence (i.e. dropping the device).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changing a screen is a 10 minute job, and the 3Gs screen is a cheap part.  The Apple store has been known to change the screen at no charge, in the name of customer satisfaction - something AT&T knows nothing about.

7 of 53 (1,097 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2011 9:39:20 PM
(0)
Master
Absurd no! You got one phone at a discount and you are not yet eligible for a new discount. Also, do not go to ATT for hardware support; Apple provides 100% of the support. Go to your local Apple store. They may swap the phone out for no charge or they may charge you for an out of warranty repair. Make an appointment first to save you some time. www.apple.com/retail

The key ---- Be polite! It is at the discretion of the Genius Bar as to what they will do.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Absurd no! You got one phone at a discount and you are not yet eligible for a new discount. Also, do not go to ATT for hardware support; Apple provides 100% of the support. Go to your local Apple store. They may swap the phone out for no charge or they may charge you for an out of warranty repair. Make an appointment first to save you some time. www.apple.com/retail

The key ---- Be polite! It is at the discretion of the Genius Bar as to what they will do.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

8 of 53 (1,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2011 2:29:24 AM
(0)
Professor
Note that Apple fixing the screen is not guaranteed. They don't warranty accidental damage, like when you drop the phone and break it, and are under no obligation to repair it for free. Some people have lucked out with a generous local Apple store and gotten it fixed for free, but others have not and had to pay the $199 for an out-of warranty repair. If there is a local Apple store nearby, you might as well try going there and ask. It may or may not work.

Note that Apple fixing the screen is not guaranteed. They don't warranty accidental damage, like when you drop the phone and break it, and are under no obligation to repair it for free. Some people have lucked out with a generous local Apple store and gotten it fixed for free, but others have not and had to pay the $199 for an out-of warranty repair. If there is a local Apple store nearby, you might as well try going there and ask. It may or may not work.

9 of 53 (1,067 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2011 3:23:29 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jul 5, 2011 at 3:25:01 AM

wireless-user wrote:

satchev wrote:

shagstudios2004 wrote:

Apple will sometimes replace the screen for free if the phone is under warrenty, if the phone is out of warrenty it is 199.00

"have been know to change the screen at no charge" is like saying a police officer has been know to give a warning ticket for doing 50 in a 25 mile zone - a rarity but it has happened someplace in the world in the current millenium.

A corporation fanboi

wireless-user wrote:

satchev wrote:

shagstudios2004 wrote:

Apple will sometimes replace the screen for free if the phone is under warrenty, if the phone is out of warrenty it is 199.00

"have been know to change the screen at no charge" is like saying a police officer has been know to give a warning ticket for doing 50 in a 25 mile zone - a rarity but it has happened someplace in the world in the current millenium.

A corporation fanboi

[ Edited ]
10 of 53 (1,065 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2011 6:26:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Not obsurd at all. Apple doesn't cover damage, only defects. Dropping your phone isn't a defect.

Take it to an apple store, should be $200 or less to replace the glass. I think on the iP3GS it might be as low as $100.

FYI being a good customer and paying your bills is nice, but it doesn't provide insurance.

Not obsurd at all. Apple doesn't cover damage, only defects. Dropping your phone isn't a defect.

Take it to an apple store, should be $200 or less to replace the glass. I think on the iP3GS it might be as low as $100.

FYI being a good customer and paying your bills is nice, but it doesn't provide insurance.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 53 (578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2011 6:48:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

wingrider01 wrote:

A corporation fanboi

You would be shocked to know that I too am a corporate fanboi, for over 40 years.  However, treating customers with respect and helping them is what separates AT&T from the rest of the pack.  Over the years I have helped my clients get things done in ways that would make people squirm.  But in the end it's all about customer satisfaction carefully balanced with profit and employee morale. Helping one client solve a problem that someone else fails to address because of some TOS  is worth more than a $20 part. And I can assure you, the parts we deal with cost far more than 20 bucks.

To continually wave the TOS in the client's face is to do nothing more than demonstrate arrogance and power. To truly help your client is the sign of a good corporate citizen.  Yes, it might cost you a few dollars to do that but over the long haul it's the strategic value of the relationship that counts.

While your legal department is chasing people who violate your TOS, we're working the turf to keep our current clients happy and to grow the base by demonstrating superior service to prospective clients, it seems to be working.

It's funny, AT&T used to be easy to work with back in the old days, but no more, today they're just another commodity provider.

And yes, asking the Apple store for help "may" yield a free repair. It doesn't  hurt to ask, you might be surprised at the results if you don't wave the TOS or contract in their collectives faces. I didn't say all Apple stores would replace that broken screen, I said they have been known to help their customer resolve a problem regardless of the warranty status or cause of the problem.   And yes, I have been given a warning when driving way too fast,  and I have also received  citations for doing the same.

wingrider01 wrote:

A corporation fanboi

You would be shocked to know that I too am a corporate fanboi, for over 40 years.  However, treating customers with respect and helping them is what separates AT&T from the rest of the pack.  Over the years I have helped my clients get things done in ways that would make people squirm.  But in the end it's all about customer satisfaction carefully balanced with profit and employee morale. Helping one client solve a problem that someone else fails to address because of some TOS  is worth more than a $20 part. And I can assure you, the parts we deal with cost far more than 20 bucks.

To continually wave the TOS in the client's face is to do nothing more than demonstrate arrogance and power. To truly help your client is the sign of a good corporate citizen.  Yes, it might cost you a few dollars to do that but over the long haul it's the strategic value of the relationship that counts.

While your legal department is chasing people who violate your TOS, we're working the turf to keep our current clients happy and to grow the base by demonstrating superior service to prospective clients, it seems to be working.

It's funny, AT&T used to be easy to work with back in the old days, but no more, today they're just another commodity provider.

And yes, asking the Apple store for help "may" yield a free repair. It doesn't  hurt to ask, you might be surprised at the results if you don't wave the TOS or contract in their collectives faces. I didn't say all Apple stores would replace that broken screen, I said they have been known to help their customer resolve a problem regardless of the warranty status or cause of the problem.   And yes, I have been given a warning when driving way too fast,  and I have also received  citations for doing the same.

12 of 53 (571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2011 6:33:13 PM
(0)
Employee
Nice thoughtful comment..and some vry good points but..

Fact of matter is att doesn't deal w anything hardware related to iphones. And that's per Apple..not att

Fact of matter is att doesn't deal w anything hardware related to iphones. And that's per Apple..not att
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

13 of 53 (529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2011 7:14:47 PM
(0)
Scholar

Fiercekitty wrote:

AT&T "could" replace the device as easily as Apple. But AT&T would rather wave the TOS in your face rather than help you.

Don't think I'd expect AT&T to repair anything.

Fiercekitty wrote:

AT&T "could" replace the device as easily as Apple. But AT&T would rather wave the TOS in your face rather than help you.

14 of 53 (518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2011 7:38:52 PM
(0)
Professor

wireless-user wrote:

Fiercekitty wrote:

No, AT&T cannot.  Per the terms of the contract between AT&T and Apple, ONLY Apple provides hardware support for iPhones in the US.

wireless-user wrote:

Fiercekitty wrote:

No, AT&T cannot.  Per the terms of the contract between AT&T and Apple, ONLY Apple provides hardware support for iPhones in the US.

15 of 53 (511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2011 8:02:46 PM
(0)
Scholar
AT&T and Apple since the iPhone first was sold have stated that all warranty work is handled by Apple. Period.Where is this a problem for you?
AT&T and Apple since the iPhone first was sold have stated that all warranty work is handled by Apple. Period.Where is this a problem for you?

16 of 53 (510 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2011 8:49:21 PM
(0)
Master

wireless-user wrote:

Fiercekitty wrote:

Regardless if you like or do not like the TOS, do you really want ATT handling the hardware and software service of your iPhone? NO!  Apple has the people and equipment to make a hardware situation right.  ATT is just selling a service.  The sale of phones, iPhones and others, is a means to that end.  Apple sells the whole user experience.

wireless-user wrote:

Fiercekitty wrote:

Regardless if you like or do not like the TOS, do you really want ATT handling the hardware and software service of your iPhone? NO!  Apple has the people and equipment to make a hardware situation right.  ATT is just selling a service.  The sale of phones, iPhones and others, is a means to that end.  Apple sells the whole user experience.

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

17 of 53 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2011 7:46:38 AM
(0)
Scholar

youngjm wrote:

Here's what I would like to see, although it will never happen.

If a client's AT&T subsidized device fails due to the client's misuse (i.e. not a warranty issue),  for AT&T to offer a refurbished replacement under the following terms:

- at the subsidized price, if

- the client extends their contract by 1 year

- only one such replacement allowed in the original warranty period

- AT&T retains the broken device

If the device is out of warranty then it's either at full retail, or the client has the option to go to Apple or a 3rd party for repair.

Currently, AT&T offers nothing.

Imagine how they'd improve their customer retention if they showed some creativity. Customer retention isn't free,  you have to work at it every day, unfortunately many companies treat their existing customers like trash because they're locked into a contract.  Call to cancel your account and you'll be transferred to the customer loyalty department who will try to keep your business.

Preventing the initial cancellation call should be the goal of every account manager.

"ATT is just selling a service. "   and there is the shortfall in your thinking.  If they were truly selling a "service" as you claim it would be an end to end service, all inclusive. Instead, the carrier service is provided by AT&T and the handset service by Apple?  Kind of silly but understandable in today's convoluted business environment.

youngjm wrote:

Here's what I would like to see, although it will never happen.

If a client's AT&T subsidized device fails due to the client's misuse (i.e. not a warranty issue),  for AT&T to offer a refurbished replacement under the following terms:

- at the subsidized price, if

- the client extends their contract by 1 year

- only one such replacement allowed in the original warranty period

- AT&T retains the broken device

If the device is out of warranty then it's either at full retail, or the client has the option to go to Apple or a 3rd party for repair.

Currently, AT&T offers nothing.

Imagine how they'd improve their customer retention if they showed some creativity. Customer retention isn't free,  you have to work at it every day, unfortunately many companies treat their existing customers like trash because they're locked into a contract.  Call to cancel your account and you'll be transferred to the customer loyalty department who will try to keep your business.

Preventing the initial cancellation call should be the goal of every account manager.

"ATT is just selling a service. "   and there is the shortfall in your thinking.  If they were truly selling a "service" as you claim it would be an end to end service, all inclusive. Instead, the carrier service is provided by AT&T and the handset service by Apple?  Kind of silly but understandable in today's convoluted business environment.

18 of 53 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2011 11:59:37 AM
(0)
Professor

My son recently dropped his iPhone 4 and shattered the glass in front and cracked it on the back. The phone still functioned but pieces of glass were falling off. He'd only had it 10 months, but I went to the Apple store fully expecting to pay a $199 out of warranty replacement price for a refurb. I was pleased to find it out they were willing to replace it for the refurb at not cost. They did say it is a one time thing. I was not totally surprised though. A coworker recently washed his 3GS, which he only had for around 3 months, in his pant pocket and they replaced it at no cost, also stating it is a one time thing. I'm not sure of the reason for the generosity, but it certainly was welcome.

My son recently dropped his iPhone 4 and shattered the glass in front and cracked it on the back. The phone still functioned but pieces of glass were falling off. He'd only had it 10 months, but I went to the Apple store fully expecting to pay a $199 out of warranty replacement price for a refurb. I was pleased to find it out they were willing to replace it for the refurb at not cost. They did say it is a one time thing. I was not totally surprised though. A coworker recently washed his 3GS, which he only had for around 3 months, in his pant pocket and they replaced it at no cost, also stating it is a one time thing. I'm not sure of the reason for the generosity, but it certainly was welcome.

19 of 53 (426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2011 12:05:15 PM
(0)
Scholar

sitnsidewayz wrote:

I have had similar experience at an Apple store, even with a JB and unlocked iPhone 4.   Yet there are people on this blog who insist that Apple doesn't do things like this...   Possibly we use the same Apple store ;-)

It never hurts to ask.......

sitnsidewayz wrote:

I have had similar experience at an Apple store, even with a JB and unlocked iPhone 4.   Yet there are people on this blog who insist that Apple doesn't do things like this...   Possibly we use the same Apple store ;-)

It never hurts to ask.......

20 of 53 (426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2011 12:10:50 PM
(0)
Guru

I'm sure it does happen, however, as a 'corporate policy' obviously each individual Apple store is not obligated to follow this generous 'one time only' type fix/replacement practice.

I'm sure it does happen, however, as a 'corporate policy' obviously each individual Apple store is not obligated to follow this generous 'one time only' type fix/replacement practice.

21 of 53 (507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 9:22:18 AM
(0)
Scholar

DimentoGraven wrote:

But - if you don't ask,  you'll never know.

DimentoGraven wrote:

22 of 53 (449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2011 8:51:58 AM
(0)
Guru

wireless-user wrote:

Absolutely agreed, however, don't get mad if the store you go to happens to say, "No."

wireless-user wrote:

Absolutely agreed, however, don't get mad if the store you go to happens to say, "No."

23 of 53 (404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2011 4:10:59 PM
(0)
Contributor
Problem solved. Made Genius Bar appointment and had screen replaced. Had to pay but it was a reasonable price. Funny thing, Apple Store employees were all smiles and how may I help you. ATT store empoyees were all we can't help you unless you pay full price for 3 year old model phone or sign a new contract. At least a nod to the Apple Store would have been helpful from ATT store. Reaffirms why I am an Apple guy and always will be an Apple guy!
Problem solved. Made Genius Bar appointment and had screen replaced. Had to pay but it was a reasonable price. Funny thing, Apple Store employees were all smiles and how may I help you. ATT store empoyees were all we can't help you unless you pay full price for 3 year old model phone or sign a new contract. At least a nod to the Apple Store would have been helpful from ATT store. Reaffirms why I am an Apple guy and always will be an Apple guy!

24 of 53 (388 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2011 4:51:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Glad to hear that your screen was fixed and now rules that your phone is completely functional. Apple, I would say, is a more balanced company probably because they make high-quality products, have fewer complaints, and mechanical issues are not too common with their "i" products and other computers. They are also not quite as large of a company and don't provide a nationwide service, but more of a product for people to use and enjoy.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Glad to hear that your screen was fixed and now rules that your phone is completely functional. Apple, I would say, is a more balanced company probably because they make high-quality products, have fewer complaints, and mechanical issues are not too common with their "i" products and other computers. They are also not quite as large of a company and don't provide a nationwide service, but more of a product for people to use and enjoy.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

25 of 53 (380 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2011 5:30:17 PM
(0)
Scholar

shagstudios2004 wrote:

The usual AT&T lack of help..

Good to hear Apple worked it to your satisfaction,  that's what Apple knows and AT&T will "never" learn.

Sorry all you AT&T fanboys,   but AT&T lost it years ago.

shagstudios2004 wrote:

Good to hear Apple worked it to your satisfaction,  that's what Apple knows and AT&T will "never" learn.

26 of 53 (376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2011 5:44:42 PM
(0)
Professor

wireless-user wrote:

shagstudios2004 wrote:

And the usual anti-AT&T rant.  The fact remains is that AT&T doesn't repair phones that people break.  They don't take phones apart, and they don't replace the glass on iPhones, Motorola phones, Samsung phones, and so on.  They aren't a repair shop for warranty repairs.  Apple is for their iPhones.  It's not lousy customer service, it's simply something AT&T doesn't do.  Every AT&T store can't possibly have on-site repair capability for every different phone they sell.  They just sell them and the service.

wireless-user wrote:

shagstudios2004 wrote:

And the usual anti-AT&T rant.  The fact remains is that AT&T doesn't repair phones that people break.  They don't take phones apart, and they don't replace the glass on iPhones, Motorola phones, Samsung phones, and so on.  They aren't a repair shop for warranty repairs.  Apple is for their iPhones.  It's not lousy customer service, it's simply something AT&T doesn't do.  Every AT&T store can't possibly have on-site repair capability for every different phone they sell.  They just sell them and the service.

27 of 53 (372 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2011 6:33:58 PM
(0)
Scholar

dwill05 wrote:

wireless-user wrote:

shagstudios2004 wrote:

No, it's not the usual anti AT&T rant, it's far from it.  or are you the usual AT&T apologist?

AT&T has great opportunity to resolve customer problems, they choose to not implement processes and procedures to be a "full" service provider.

Not asking them to repair anything, but they can be a conduit to resolve the customer's (their customer's) problem. Instead they ignore the customer and blindly go where many failed companies have already gone.

Verizon now has the iPhone, industry rumors are Sprint will have it by year end. 

AT&T is being challenged and they're too stupid to give customers a reason to stay loyal.

dwill05 wrote:

wireless-user wrote:

shagstudios2004 wrote:

No, it's not the usual anti AT&T rant, it's far from it.  or are you the usual AT&T apologist?

AT&T has great opportunity to resolve customer problems, they choose to not implement processes and procedures to be a "full" service provider.

Not asking them to repair anything, but they can be a conduit to resolve the customer's (their customer's) problem. Instead they ignore the customer and blindly go where many failed companies have already gone.

Verizon now has the iPhone, industry rumors are Sprint will have it by year end. 

AT&T is being challenged and they're too stupid to give customers a reason to stay loyal.

28 of 53 (364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2011 3:36:20 AM
(0)
Expert

wireless-user wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

wireless-user wrote:

shagstudios2004 wrote:

Iphones are serviced by Apple, contrary to your diatribe ATT must be doing something right for their customers since they are number 2 in total number wireless users. Find it amusing that the last bastion of a arguement is the statement that you are a att fanboi or apologist if you disagree with the posters feelings that ATT is the worst company in the world

Think pigs will fly when Sprint gets the Iphone, they don't have the financial infrastructure in place to enter into the contract, they are still struggling to recover from the disaster of the Nextel merger. If they do get it pretty sure it will be the new low end budget model that is rumored to show up soon.

wireless-user wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

wireless-user wrote:

shagstudios2004 wrote:

Iphones are serviced by Apple, contrary to your diatribe ATT must be doing something right for their customers since they are number 2 in total number wireless users. Find it amusing that the last bastion of a arguement is the statement that you are a att fanboi or apologist if you disagree with the posters feelings that ATT is the worst company in the world

Think pigs will fly when Sprint gets the Iphone, they don't have the financial infrastructure in place to enter into the contract, they are still struggling to recover from the disaster of the Nextel merger. If they do get it pretty sure it will be the new low end budget model that is rumored to show up soon.

29 of 53 (348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2011 7:52:38 AM
(0)
Former Employee

"Verizon now has the iPhone, industry rumors are Sprint will have it by year end. 

AT&T is being challenged and they're too stupid to give customers a reason to stay loyal."

So what? Does Verizon repair iPhones? Or do you think their 2 year contract and upgrade policies are any better than AT&T's? Think again. If you have a wireless service issue, or for example voice mail problem, Apple will do NOTHING for you, they will send you to AT&T, because they're hardware/software company, not a service provider. Apple can't even replace a SIM card, does it make them the worst company ever? How come they're not a "full service" company, "end to end service, all inclusive", what a lousy business model, right? Does anyone else find this absurd? Come on guys, think.

"Verizon now has the iPhone, industry rumors are Sprint will have it by year end. 

AT&T is being challenged and they're too stupid to give customers a reason to stay loyal."

So what? Does Verizon repair iPhones? Or do you think their 2 year contract and upgrade policies are any better than AT&T's? Think again. If you have a wireless service issue, or for example voice mail problem, Apple will do NOTHING for you, they will send you to AT&T, because they're hardware/software company, not a service provider. Apple can't even replace a SIM card, does it make them the worst company ever? How come they're not a "full service" company, "end to end service, all inclusive", what a lousy business model, right? Does anyone else find this absurd? Come on guys, think.

30 of 53 (328 Views)