Helpful Links

Does Walmart force activation?

Mentor

Does Walmart force activation?

Hey everybody...I am wanting to basically sell my upgrade that I have available.  I love my Iphone 4 and am now eligible for an upgrade.  So I went into a Walmart today wanting to buy a Torch for 18.88 so I can sell it online or on Craigslist.   I've done this before but the guy there said now they are required to activate the phone.  I told him that all I wanted to do was sell it and he didn't have to even bother opening the phone box up (actually prefer him not to).  He was really kind of an {word filter evasion} about it, which leads me to believe it was his own rule.  If I have to, I will just let them do it and then deactivate and go get another sim card (since the Iphone 4 uses microsim) but it really seems silly to do so considering I'm just selling the phone.  Does Walmart only get credit for the transaction if the phone is activated or was this guy wrong?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: Does Walmart force activation?

Andystocker wrote:

Hey everybody...I am wanting to basically sell my upgrade that I have available.  I love my Iphone 4 and am now eligible for an upgrade.  So I went into a Walmart today wanting to buy a Torch for 18.88 so I can sell it online or on Craigslist.   I've done this before but the guy there said now they are required to activate the phone.  I told him that all I wanted to do was sell it and he didn't have to even bother opening the phone box up (actually prefer him not to).  He was really kind of an {word filter evasion} about it, which leads me to believe it was his own rule.  If I have to, I will just let them do it and then deactivate and go get another sim card (since the Iphone 4 uses microsim) but it really seems silly to do so considering I'm just selling the phone.  Does Walmart only get credit for the transaction if the phone is activated or was this guy wrong?  Thanks!

Not sure but I would not be suprised if the are not looking for credit on the activation.  Selling the phone for so cheap, they make their money on the plan.  

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support