Does NOKIA 6600 Require Data Plan ?

Teacher

Does NOKIA 6600 Require Data Plan ?

Hai,

If i use NOKIA 6600 am i going to be charged for DATA PLAN.  I am just worried because AT&T identifies  the SMART PHONES and APPLY the DATA PLAN automatically.  

I am using Nokia 1100 currently which doesnot require data plan. My Nokia 1100 is almost dead and i am not able to operate properly.  I need a phone immediately.  I have few NOKIA Models In my brain but not sure which one to go for as i am worried about this DATA PLAN.

Nokia 6600 Model -- http://www.saithtraders.com/product_images/r/789/Nokia_6600_01__86436_zoom.jpg

Any suugestions and replies are highly appreciated

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor

Re: Does NOKIA 6600 Require Data Plan ?

Nope! The Nokia 6600 looks to be a feature phone and so a data plan won't be required. Smiley Wink

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, an AT&T LTE smartphone. Experience speeds up to 10x faster than 3G.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Teacher

But when i tried to google it. it Says it is smartphone. So i am wooried if i go for NOKIA 6600 AM I going to be charged for DATA PLAN

Message 3 of 4
Master

It is not identified as a smartphone by at&t, so you likely would not see a data plan forcibly added due to your using a Nokia 6600.  (I use an E-7 and have had no issues with at&t adding a smartphone data plan.)

That said, this phone lacks the 850 mhz frequency that is also used by at&t (in addition to their use of the 1900 mhz); so you may experience coverage issues with it. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend purchasing it, as it sounds like you would be doing.  If you just have one on hand and want to give it a try, that's a different story. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support