Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 7, 2012
6:51:37 AM
View profile
Does NOKIA 6600 Require Data Plan ?
Edited by rehekumar on Apr 7, 2012 at 6:57:31 AM

Hai,

If i use NOKIA 6600 am i going to be charged for DATA PLAN.  I am just worried because AT&T identifies  the SMART PHONES and APPLY the DATA PLAN automatically.  

I am using Nokia 1100 currently which doesnot require data plan. My Nokia 1100 is almost dead and i am not able to operate properly.  I need a phone immediately.  I have few NOKIA Models In my brain but not sure which one to go for as i am worried about this DATA PLAN.

Nokia 6600 Model -- http://www.saithtraders.com/product_images/r/789/Nokia_6600_01__86436_zoom.jpg

Any suugestions and replies are highly appreciated

Hai,

If i use NOKIA 6600 am i going to be charged for DATA PLAN.  I am just worried because AT&T identifies  the SMART PHONES and APPLY the DATA PLAN automatically.  

I am using Nokia 1100 currently which doesnot require data plan. My Nokia 1100 is almost dead and i am not able to operate properly.  I need a phone immediately.  I have few NOKIA Models In my brain but not sure which one to go for as i am worried about this DATA PLAN.

Nokia 6600 Model -- http://www.saithtraders.com/product_images/r/789/Nokia_6600_01__86436_zoom.jpg

Any suugestions and replies are highly appreciated

Does NOKIA 6600 Require Data Plan ?

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2012 7:25:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Nope! The Nokia 6600 looks to be a feature phone and so a data plan won't be required. Smiley Wink

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, an AT&T LTE smartphone. Experience speeds up to 10x faster than 3G.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Nope! The Nokia 6600 looks to be a feature phone and so a data plan won't be required. Smiley Wink

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, an AT&T LTE smartphone. Experience speeds up to 10x faster than 3G.
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Does NOKIA 6600 Require Data Plan ?

2 of 4 (588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2012 8:50:35 AM
(0)
Teacher

But when i tried to google it. it Says it is smartphone. So i am wooried if i go for NOKIA 6600 AM I going to be charged for DATA PLAN

But when i tried to google it. it Says it is smartphone. So i am wooried if i go for NOKIA 6600 AM I going to be charged for DATA PLAN

3 of 4 (582 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2012 12:34:50 PM
(0)
Master

It is not identified as a smartphone by at&t, so you likely would not see a data plan forcibly added due to your using a Nokia 6600.  (I use an E-7 and have had no issues with at&t adding a smartphone data plan.)

That said, this phone lacks the 850 mhz frequency that is also used by at&t (in addition to their use of the 1900 mhz); so you may experience coverage issues with it. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend purchasing it, as it sounds like you would be doing.  If you just have one on hand and want to give it a try, that's a different story. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

It is not identified as a smartphone by at&t, so you likely would not see a data plan forcibly added due to your using a Nokia 6600.  (I use an E-7 and have had no issues with at&t adding a smartphone data plan.)

That said, this phone lacks the 850 mhz frequency that is also used by at&t (in addition to their use of the 1900 mhz); so you may experience coverage issues with it. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend purchasing it, as it sounds like you would be doing.  If you just have one on hand and want to give it a try, that's a different story. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

4 of 4 (572 Views)