Does MiFi 2372 Mobile Hotspot support 800MHz HSDPA/HSUPA?

Contributor

Does MiFi 2372 Mobile Hotspot support 800MHz HSDPA/HSUPA?

I want to know if  MiFi 2372 Mobile Hotspot supports 800MHz HSDPA/HSUPA.  I frequently go to the Asian countries, such as Japan or China, and the local operators provide with 800MHz services. Please help.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor

Re: Does MiFi 2372 Mobile Hotspot support 800MHz HSDPA/HSUPA?

Hi there!

I believe the microcell will only provide 3G/HSPA service. Smiley Happy No 4G/HSPA+ service for it, I'm afraid!

May I also add since you are traveling, to make sure to have a international data plan so your bill does not bring a huge data roaming charge! Smiley Wink

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thanks for quick reply!

I found that MiFi 2372 sold in Japan support 800MHz, so I thought AT&T MiFi might also support that band...

http://www.mifi.jp/mifi/index.html  (Sorry, the page is written in Japanese, but it shows the spec.)

Are there any hardware difference between them?

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Professor

quadra wrote:

Thanks for quick reply!

I found that MiFi 2372 sold in Japan support 800MHz, so I thought AT&T MiFi might also support that band...

http://www.mifi.jp/mifi/index.html  (Sorry, the page is written in Japanese, but it shows the spec.)

Are there any hardware difference between them?

Yes the 2372 sold by AT&T will support UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900/2100. Chances are that the device is locked to AT&T.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support