Does MiFi 2372 Mobile Hotspot support 800MHz HSDPA/HSUPA?

Contributor

Does MiFi 2372 Mobile Hotspot support 800MHz HSDPA/HSUPA?

I want to know if  MiFi 2372 Mobile Hotspot supports 800MHz HSDPA/HSUPA.  I frequently go to the Asian countries, such as Japan or China, and the local operators provide with 800MHz services. Please help.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (414 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Does MiFi 2372 Mobile Hotspot support 800MHz HSDPA/HSUPA?

Hi there!

I believe the microcell will only provide 3G/HSPA service. Smiley Happy No 4G/HSPA+ service for it, I'm afraid!

May I also add since you are traveling, to make sure to have a international data plan so your bill does not bring a huge data roaming charge! Smiley Wink

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (413 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for quick reply!

I found that MiFi 2372 sold in Japan support 800MHz, so I thought AT&T MiFi might also support that band...

http://www.mifi.jp/mifi/index.html  (Sorry, the page is written in Japanese, but it shows the spec.)

Are there any hardware difference between them?

Message 3 of 4 (408 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

quadra wrote:

Thanks for quick reply!

I found that MiFi 2372 sold in Japan support 800MHz, so I thought AT&T MiFi might also support that band...

http://www.mifi.jp/mifi/index.html  (Sorry, the page is written in Japanese, but it shows the spec.)

Are there any hardware difference between them?

Yes the 2372 sold by AT&T will support UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900/2100. Chances are that the device is locked to AT&T.

Message 4 of 4 (397 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support