Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 4, 2011
2:36:30 PM
Does HTC Freestyle require DATA?

The phone may be a bit old, but does it require a data plan now? AT&T updated their data plan requirements after the release of the Freestyle, so I want to know if anyoen got a Freestyle recently and has been usign it without a data plan being put ont hem by AT&T?

The phone may be a bit old, but does it require a data plan now? AT&T updated their data plan requirements after the release of the Freestyle, so I want to know if anyoen got a Freestyle recently and has been usign it without a data plan being put ont hem by AT&T?

Does HTC Freestyle require DATA?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2011 2:48:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

No, the Freestyle does NOT require a data plan. I am pretty sure it is classified as a quick messaging device. But the Freestyle could be the only HTC phone offered on AT&T that does NOT require a mandatory data plan. Smiley Happy It's a great deal, for the phone and HTC quality you would be getting.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

No, the Freestyle does NOT require a data plan. I am pretty sure it is classified as a quick messaging device. But the Freestyle could be the only HTC phone offered on AT&T that does NOT require a mandatory data plan. Smiley Happy It's a great deal, for the phone and HTC quality you would be getting.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Does HTC Freestyle require DATA?

2 of 9 (12,884 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2011 4:05:42 PM
(0)
Master
Since when is the HTC Freestyle old? Wasn't it just released on the AT&T network?
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Since when is the HTC Freestyle old? Wasn't it just released on the AT&T network?
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

3 of 9 (12,835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2011 4:10:20 PM
(0)
Mentor

Just bought the Freestyle today and no plans are required. You can use the unlimited data plan for non-smartphones for $15 if you like, or just use it as a standard phone without any plans. Great phone so far.

Just bought the Freestyle today and no plans are required. You can use the unlimited data plan for non-smartphones for $15 if you like, or just use it as a standard phone without any plans. Great phone so far.

4 of 9 (12,831 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2011 4:18:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ann154 wrote:

I was going to post the same thing in my original post, but decided not to. But you are right; the HTC Freestyle is not old at all. As a matter of fact, I think it is the second newest device released on AT&T. The only one released after it was the Atrix.

Ann154 wrote:

I was going to post the same thing in my original post, but decided not to. But you are right; the HTC Freestyle is not old at all. As a matter of fact, I think it is the second newest device released on AT&T. The only one released after it was the Atrix.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 9 (12,820 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2011 8:22:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

WOAH! my bad. i did not mean to disgrace the freestyle. AT&T customer service told be it was released Feb. 13 2010. I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!

WOAH! my bad. i did not mean to disgrace the freestyle. AT&T customer service told be it was released Feb. 13 2010. I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!

6 of 9 (12,778 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2011 8:28:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

brand0nli wrote:

Well, that's a big difference! Smiley Very Happy Yes, the Freestyle is definitely not that old. Still a fairly new release that people seem to be liking...

Congratulations on being correct. You have outsmarted AT&T customer service. Smiley Wink

brand0nli wrote:

Well, that's a big difference! Smiley Very Happy Yes, the Freestyle is definitely not that old. Still a fairly new release that people seem to be liking...

Congratulations on being correct. You have outsmarted AT&T customer service. Smiley Wink

7 of 9 (12,773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2011 9:03:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

Wild Banchi wrote:

brand0nli wrote:

How do I thumbs-up your reply? xD

Wild Banchi wrote:

brand0nli wrote:

8 of 9 (12,761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2011 9:10:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

brand0nli wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

brand0nli wrote:

The "kudos" button, perhaps? It's the little black star badge under my name. Click it towards the right if you'd like. Although, I do not know if you have the ability to give out kudos yet. It's worth a try, though. Smiley Wink

brand0nli wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

brand0nli wrote:

The "kudos" button, perhaps? It's the little black star badge under my name. Click it towards the right if you'd like. Although, I do not know if you have the ability to give out kudos yet. It's worth a try, though. Smiley Wink

9 of 9 (12,757 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments