Does HTC Freestyle require DATA?

Tutor

Does HTC Freestyle require DATA?

The phone may be a bit old, but does it require a data plan now? AT&T updated their data plan requirements after the release of the Freestyle, so I want to know if anyoen got a Freestyle recently and has been usign it without a data plan being put ont hem by AT&T?

Message 1 of 9 (13,024 Views)
Master

Re: Does HTC Freestyle require DATA?

No, the Freestyle does NOT require a data plan. I am pretty sure it is classified as a quick messaging device. But the Freestyle could be the only HTC phone offered on AT&T that does NOT require a mandatory data plan. Smiley Happy It's a great deal, for the phone and HTC quality you would be getting.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 9 (13,016 Views)
Master

Since when is the HTC Freestyle old? Wasn't it just released on the AT&T network?
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 9 (12,967 Views)
Mentor

Just bought the Freestyle today and no plans are required. You can use the unlimited data plan for non-smartphones for $15 if you like, or just use it as a standard phone without any plans. Great phone so far.

Message 4 of 9 (12,963 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Ann154 wrote:
Since when is the HTC Freestyle old? Wasn't it just released on the AT&T network?

I was going to post the same thing in my original post, but decided not to. But you are right; the HTC Freestyle is not old at all. As a matter of fact, I think it is the second newest device released on AT&T. The only one released after it was the Atrix.

Message 5 of 9 (12,952 Views)
Tutor

WOAH! my bad. i did not mean to disgrace the freestyle. AT&T customer service told be it was released Feb. 13 2010. I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!

Message 6 of 9 (12,910 Views)
Master

brand0nli wrote:

WOAH! my bad. i did not mean to disgrace the freestyle. AT&T customer service told be it was released Feb. 13 2010. I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!

Well, that's a big difference! Smiley Very Happy Yes, the Freestyle is definitely not that old. Still a fairly new release that people seem to be liking...

Congratulations on being correct. You have outsmarted AT&T customer service. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 9 (12,905 Views)
Tutor

Wild Banchi wrote:

brand0nli wrote:

Well, that's a big difference! Smiley Very Happy Yes, the Freestyle is definitely not that old. Still a fairly new release that people seem to be liking...

Congratulations on being correct. You have outsmarted AT&T customer service. Smiley Wink

How do I thumbs-up your reply? xD

Message 8 of 9 (12,893 Views)
Master

brand0nli wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

brand0nli wrote:

How do I thumbs-up your reply? xD

The "kudos" button, perhaps? It's the little black star badge under my name. Click it towards the right if you'd like. Although, I do not know if you have the ability to give out kudos yet. It's worth a try, though. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9 (12,889 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.