Helpful Links

Does HTC Freestyle require DATA?

Tutor

Does HTC Freestyle require DATA?

The phone may be a bit old, but does it require a data plan now? AT&T updated their data plan requirements after the release of the Freestyle, so I want to know if anyoen got a Freestyle recently and has been usign it without a data plan being put ont hem by AT&T?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 9
Master

Re: Does HTC Freestyle require DATA?

No, the Freestyle does NOT require a data plan. I am pretty sure it is classified as a quick messaging device. But the Freestyle could be the only HTC phone offered on AT&T that does NOT require a mandatory data plan. Smiley Happy It's a great deal, for the phone and HTC quality you would be getting.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 9
Master

Since when is the HTC Freestyle old? Wasn't it just released on the AT&T network?
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
Mentor

Just bought the Freestyle today and no plans are required. You can use the unlimited data plan for non-smartphones for $15 if you like, or just use it as a standard phone without any plans. Great phone so far.

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Master

Ann154 wrote:
Since when is the HTC Freestyle old? Wasn't it just released on the AT&T network?

I was going to post the same thing in my original post, but decided not to. But you are right; the HTC Freestyle is not old at all. As a matter of fact, I think it is the second newest device released on AT&T. The only one released after it was the Atrix.

Message 5 of 9
Tutor

WOAH! my bad. i did not mean to disgrace the freestyle. AT&T customer service told be it was released Feb. 13 2010. I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!

Message 6 of 9
Master

brand0nli wrote:

WOAH! my bad. i did not mean to disgrace the freestyle. AT&T customer service told be it was released Feb. 13 2010. I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!

Well, that's a big difference! Smiley Very Happy Yes, the Freestyle is definitely not that old. Still a fairly new release that people seem to be liking...

Congratulations on being correct. You have outsmarted AT&T customer service. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 9
Tutor

Wild Banchi wrote:

brand0nli wrote:

Well, that's a big difference! Smiley Very Happy Yes, the Freestyle is definitely not that old. Still a fairly new release that people seem to be liking...

Congratulations on being correct. You have outsmarted AT&T customer service. Smiley Wink

How do I thumbs-up your reply? xD

Message 8 of 9
Master

brand0nli wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

brand0nli wrote:

How do I thumbs-up your reply? xD

The "kudos" button, perhaps? It's the little black star badge under my name. Click it towards the right if you'd like. Although, I do not know if you have the ability to give out kudos yet. It's worth a try, though. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support