Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 16, 2012
1:46:48 PM
Does At&t still have a 12 month upgrade if you spent $99.00 a month for primary line & data charges

I can't find this answer anywhere. I've tried calling CS & the rep stated that it fluctuates depending on account suspensions for non-payment & or if you make changes to your primary line. Well I was available for an upgrade on 07/13/2012 & now all of sudden it changed to 02/13/2013 sometime in the last 6 weeks. My last contract renewal was 07/13/2011. I spend $60 for phone, $30 for data & $30.00 for the family texting. Plus I spend $50.00 for a data connect line & 4 other lines at $9.99 & haven't been suspended or have made any changes to my account expect link my u-verse account & added the AT&T data connect plan line in December 2011 & AT&T linked the line to my family plan voice account.

I can't find this answer anywhere. I've tried calling CS & the rep stated that it fluctuates depending on account suspensions for non-payment & or if you make changes to your primary line. Well I was available for an upgrade on 07/13/2012 & now all of sudden it changed to 02/13/2013 sometime in the last 6 weeks. My last contract renewal was 07/13/2011. I spend $60 for phone, $30 for data & $30.00 for the family texting. Plus I spend $50.00 for a data connect line & 4 other lines at $9.99 & haven't been suspended or have made any changes to my account expect link my u-verse account & added the AT&T data connect plan line in December 2011 & AT&T linked the line to my family plan voice account.

Does At&t still have a 12 month upgrade if you spent $99.00 a month for primary line & data charges

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2012 2:57:16 PM
(0)
Expert

executivemike wrote:

upgrade is 20 - 24 months depending on multiple parameters, it used to be 18 - 24 months but that also changed recently. Do not recall a 12 month upgrade with att, verizon used to have that but they discontinued it a year or more ago.

A family plan is unique, the primary line will have the earliest upgrade date becasue it has the majority of the payment applied to it, the other lines that are hit with 9.99 + feature charges with probably not get upgrade ability for 24 months. Each line of a family plan has it's own unique upgrade eligiblity date, make sure you are looking at the right line.

executivemike wrote:

upgrade is 20 - 24 months depending on multiple parameters, it used to be 18 - 24 months but that also changed recently. Do not recall a 12 month upgrade with att, verizon used to have that but they discontinued it a year or more ago.

A family plan is unique, the primary line will have the earliest upgrade date becasue it has the majority of the payment applied to it, the other lines that are hit with 9.99 + feature charges with probably not get upgrade ability for 24 months. Each line of a family plan has it's own unique upgrade eligiblity date, make sure you are looking at the right line.

Re: Does At&t still have a 12 month upgrade if you spent $99.00 a month for primary line & d

2 of 2 (1,299 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments