Helpful Links

Does Apple or ATT have a 30 day price guarantee?

Tutor

Does Apple or ATT have a 30 day price guarantee?

I just saw today on CNN that starting this Friday(tomorrow-1/7) that the price of the IPhone 3Gs is reducing in price to $49 dollars from $99. You can see the article here:http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/01/06/iphone.price.mashable/index.html?hpt=T2

Does Apple or ATT have a 30 day price guarantee? I just bought two IPhone 3Gs less than a week ago for $99 a piece, and I would have waited had I know about the price reduction. Can anyone please help me out with this!!

I saw that last year when there was a price reduction, Apple honored a 30 day price guarantee then. Here is a link to that. http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Apple/iPhone-3G-Price-Guarantee-and-Return-Policy/m-p/1797483

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8
Professor

Re: Does Apple or ATT have a 30 day price guarantee?

The last year price guarantee was for those who bought the then current 3GS phone just prior to the iPhone 4 being announced (and might have waited had they known the 4 was coming soon). The 3GS is now a phone that was discontinued over 6 months ago. Not the same situation.
Message 2 of 8
Professor

Sorry, I meant the 3G with the 3GS coming out, not the 3GS with the 4 coming out.
Message 3 of 8
Tutor

Thanks for the reply and the clarification. Do you know if they do have a 30 day price guarantee. I know most stores these days offer something like that. I litterally bought the phones on Sunday, and I would have waited had I known it would have saved me $100!

Message 4 of 8
Professor

Look at the receipt to see what the policy is. I doubt they have price matching, but you may be able to return it, although that usually involves a restocking fee.
Message 5 of 8
Tutor

Good news. I went to the store to ask a question on my new phone, and they already the signs changed there on the phones to the $49 price. I asked the salesman about it and he asked his manager. They are crediting my account the difference in price.

Message 6 of 8
Professor

Nice...

Message 7 of 8
Employee

there should be no problem in this, but calling customer case probably will. you will need to go back to he point of sale

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support