Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 6, 2011
1:28:40 PM
View profile
Does Apple or ATT have a 30 day price guarantee?

I just saw today on CNN that starting this Friday(tomorrow-1/7) that the price of the IPhone 3Gs is reducing in price to $49 dollars from $99. You can see the article here:http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/01/06/iphone.price.mashable/index.html?hpt=T2

Does Apple or ATT have a 30 day price guarantee? I just bought two IPhone 3Gs less than a week ago for $99 a piece, and I would have waited had I know about the price reduction. Can anyone please help me out with this!!

I saw that last year when there was a price reduction, Apple honored a 30 day price guarantee then. Here is a link to that. http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Apple/iPhone-3G-Price-Guarantee-and-Return-Policy/m-p/1797483

Thanks in advance!

I just saw today on CNN that starting this Friday(tomorrow-1/7) that the price of the IPhone 3Gs is reducing in price to $49 dollars from $99. You can see the article here:http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/01/06/iphone.price.mashable/index.html?hpt=T2

Does Apple or ATT have a 30 day price guarantee? I just bought two IPhone 3Gs less than a week ago for $99 a piece, and I would have waited had I know about the price reduction. Can anyone please help me out with this!!

I saw that last year when there was a price reduction, Apple honored a 30 day price guarantee then. Here is a link to that. http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Apple/iPhone-3G-Price-Guarantee-and-Return-Policy/m-p/1797483

Thanks in advance!

Does Apple or ATT have a 30 day price guarantee?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2011 2:23:12 PM
(0)
Professor
The last year price guarantee was for those who bought the then current 3GS phone just prior to the iPhone 4 being announced (and might have waited had they known the 4 was coming soon). The 3GS is now a phone that was discontinued over 6 months ago. Not the same situation.
The last year price guarantee was for those who bought the then current 3GS phone just prior to the iPhone 4 being announced (and might have waited had they known the 4 was coming soon). The 3GS is now a phone that was discontinued over 6 months ago. Not the same situation.

Re: Does Apple or ATT have a 30 day price guarantee?

2 of 8 (4,915 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2011 2:25:08 PM
(0)
Professor
Sorry, I meant the 3G with the 3GS coming out, not the 3GS with the 4 coming out.
Sorry, I meant the 3G with the 3GS coming out, not the 3GS with the 4 coming out.

3 of 8 (4,912 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2011 2:27:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the reply and the clarification. Do you know if they do have a 30 day price guarantee. I know most stores these days offer something like that. I litterally bought the phones on Sunday, and I would have waited had I known it would have saved me $100!

Thanks for the reply and the clarification. Do you know if they do have a 30 day price guarantee. I know most stores these days offer something like that. I litterally bought the phones on Sunday, and I would have waited had I known it would have saved me $100!

4 of 8 (4,910 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2011 3:24:14 PM
(0)
Professor
Look at the receipt to see what the policy is. I doubt they have price matching, but you may be able to return it, although that usually involves a restocking fee.
Look at the receipt to see what the policy is. I doubt they have price matching, but you may be able to return it, although that usually involves a restocking fee.

5 of 8 (4,887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2011 5:23:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

Good news. I went to the store to ask a question on my new phone, and they already the signs changed there on the phones to the $49 price. I asked the salesman about it and he asked his manager. They are crediting my account the difference in price.

Good news. I went to the store to ask a question on my new phone, and they already the signs changed there on the phones to the $49 price. I asked the salesman about it and he asked his manager. They are crediting my account the difference in price.

6 of 8 (4,863 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2011 5:53:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Nice...

Nice...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 8 (4,848 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2011 4:19:00 AM
(0)
Employee

there should be no problem in this, but calling customer case probably will. you will need to go back to he point of sale

there should be no problem in this, but calling customer case probably will. you will need to go back to he point of sale

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 8 (4,744 Views)