Posted Jun 17, 2010
8:36:08 PM
View profile
Does $1.99 "Detailed Billing" add-on show past incoming calls?

I'm HUGELY irritated that AT&T doesn't make it standard to show ALL usage for which it charges. Standard Usage Details only show half the picture: Outgoing Calls. That's just strange.

I see that I have to pay $1.99 for the privilege of seeing the full picture of Usage Details, and I may be willing to do this. My question is this: If I sign up for that today, will I be able to see a record of incoming calls for the last few months, or only from today forward? And if the latter, is there ANY way I can see a record of incoming calls for the last few months? I need this for billing purposes for a client, and it really burns me that I can JUST    SEE    IT.

Helllllp!

Thanks,

Suz

I'm HUGELY irritated that AT&T doesn't make it standard to show ALL usage for which it charges. Standard Usage Details only show half the picture: Outgoing Calls. That's just strange.

I see that I have to pay $1.99 for the privilege of seeing the full picture of Usage Details, and I may be willing to do this. My question is this: If I sign up for that today, will I be able to see a record of incoming calls for the last few months, or only from today forward? And if the latter, is there ANY way I can see a record of incoming calls for the last few months? I need this for billing purposes for a client, and it really burns me that I can JUST    SEE    IT.

Helllllp!

Thanks,

Suz

Does $1.99 "Detailed Billing" add-on show past incoming calls?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2010 12:45:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

That I CANNOT just      see     it, that is!

That I CANNOT just      see     it, that is!

Re: Does $1.99 "Detailed Billing" add-on show past incoming calls?

2 of 10 (1,912 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2010 5:42:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

If you sign up for an online account, the bill there has full details. each call with number called, each incoming call with number, each text number sent and received.

The mailed bill, with full detail, with someone that texts a lot, can be 100 pages long. You have to pay extra for the mailing cost.

If you sign up for an online account, the bill there has full details. each call with number called, each incoming call with number, each text number sent and received.

The mailed bill, with full detail, with someone that texts a lot, can be 100 pages long. You have to pay extra for the mailing cost.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (1,908 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2010 7:35:59 AM
(0)
Master

As stated, log into your online account manager and look at your bills there as it shows the full detailed bill there.  You can also access up to the last 16 bills online so you can get the information from previous bills.

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=searchTab&ps=solutionPanels&loca...

As stated, log into your online account manager and look at your bills there as it shows the full detailed bill there.  You can also access up to the last 16 bills online so you can get the information from previous bills.

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=searchTab&ps=solutionPanels&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&solutionId=KB90055&isSrch=Yes

4 of 10 (1,896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2010 10:02:25 AM
(0)
Tutor

I appreciate your replies, which were helpful in a way. At least there is a way to see Incoming Calls, and to download it into Excel.

But I wasn't specific enough. When I view the Wireless Statement Summary Usage Details online, it shows ONLY Number Called. Why would anyone just care about half the calls for which they are charged?

The online version with the Phone Book does NOT show Incoming Calls, as far as I can tell. I want to turn on my Phone Book and see calling detail for all calls. How hard could that possibly be? Am I missing something? Is there a way to make the Phone Book work for me on ALL calls?

Thanks!

I appreciate your replies, which were helpful in a way. At least there is a way to see Incoming Calls, and to download it into Excel.

But I wasn't specific enough. When I view the Wireless Statement Summary Usage Details online, it shows ONLY Number Called. Why would anyone just care about half the calls for which they are charged?

The online version with the Phone Book does NOT show Incoming Calls, as far as I can tell. I want to turn on my Phone Book and see calling detail for all calls. How hard could that possibly be? Am I missing something? Is there a way to make the Phone Book work for me on ALL calls?

Thanks!

5 of 10 (1,877 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2010 12:59:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

svirden wrote:

Thanks!

That says "Number Called" but it is also the number calling you. That shows incoming and outgoing calls. but lists as "Number Called"

svirden wrote:

Thanks!

That says "Number Called" but it is also the number calling you. That shows incoming and outgoing calls. but lists as "Number Called"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 10 (1,870 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2012 7:25:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

Wish I knew what I was going to really get with detailed billing for $1.99.   Sure hope it's like the pdf file was, better yet in a spread sheet format

A larger issue is that charging for billing is slither snake like - how would you feel walking into the grocery store and getting a bill for produce, frozen food, grocery and taxable items ONLY.

Wish I knew what I was going to really get with detailed billing for $1.99.   Sure hope it's like the pdf file was, better yet in a spread sheet format

A larger issue is that charging for billing is slither snake like - how would you feel walking into the grocery store and getting a bill for produce, frozen food, grocery and taxable items ONLY.

7 of 10 (1,653 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2012 8:18:04 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on May 8, 2012 at 8:19:02 AM

ward_te wrote:

As with many companies, you are not getting charged for normal billing, you are requesting an additional level of detail that requires more processing time and if  printed bill, more paper, print time and postage. If electornic sent it still requires additional system resources. So the 1.99 additional charge is justified.

You can bet that if it is a detailed bill in your example, the cost of time and material, checker time and other variables are built into the cost of the item you are purchasing. Human check out or electronic checkout, the cost if in the product, in this case it is a option - if you want it, you pay for the additional resources

ward_te wrote:

As with many companies, you are not getting charged for normal billing, you are requesting an additional level of detail that requires more processing time and if  printed bill, more paper, print time and postage. If electornic sent it still requires additional system resources. So the 1.99 additional charge is justified.

You can bet that if it is a detailed bill in your example, the cost of time and material, checker time and other variables are built into the cost of the item you are purchasing. Human check out or electronic checkout, the cost if in the product, in this case it is a option - if you want it, you pay for the additional resources

[ Edited ]
8 of 10 (1,649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2012 2:49:04 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ShaunMN on Jun 8, 2012 at 3:21:01 PM

Quit trying to see who your wife is calling. On another note of course there not going to show you who your wife called last month you didn't have that feature on back then. On a more serious note though you should consider paperless billing I got it when I got my phones and it helps. :smileyhappy: you should consider adding gps on your wife. Good luck.

{please keep it courteous}

Quit trying to see who your wife is calling. On another note of course there not going to show you who your wife called last month you didn't have that feature on back then. On a more serious note though you should consider paperless billing I got it when I got my phones and it helps. :smileyhappy: you should consider adding gps on your wife. Good luck.

{please keep it courteous}

[ Edited ]
9 of 10 (1,386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2012 3:21:49 PM
(0)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed, as it is very old. 

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed, as it is very old. 

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

10 of 10 (1,382 Views)