Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 30, 2011
5:39:30 PM
View profile
Do student discounts apply to family plans?

Hi,

I recently signed up for a contract (first time on AT&T) and received a student discount. Now I want to add another line, but will that discount apply to family plan? Or will it apply only to primary phone (first phone I signed up)?

Also, do stores match their prices from their websites? I want to add a line (as state above) and online it says that right now they wave activation fee. Can that be matched in store?

Cheers.

Hi,

I recently signed up for a contract (first time on AT&T) and received a student discount. Now I want to add another line, but will that discount apply to family plan? Or will it apply only to primary phone (first phone I signed up)?

Also, do stores match their prices from their websites? I want to add a line (as state above) and online it says that right now they wave activation fee. Can that be matched in store?

Cheers.

Do student discounts apply to family plans?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2011 6:19:13 PM
(0)
Employee
First question, depends on the agreement between your school and att. Some FAN discounts apply to all lines, others to just the anchor. As for the second part, online prices and specials are available only online. If you want to take advantage of the special, start the line online. It will not allow you to add as a family plan since you have only one line currently, start the line with the lowest plan and when the phone gets to you, you can log in and convert to family talk or call customer care and your plan can be changed.
First question, depends on the agreement between your school and att. Some FAN discounts apply to all lines, others to just the anchor. As for the second part, online prices and specials are available only online. If you want to take advantage of the special, start the line online. It will not allow you to add as a family plan since you have only one line currently, start the line with the lowest plan and when the phone gets to you, you can log in and convert to family talk or call customer care and your plan can be changed.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Do student discounts apply to family plans?

2 of 2 (1,962 Views)