Do all plans roll-over?

Do all plans roll-over?

I rarely use a cell phone and just recently purchased the LG Thrive as a glorified ipod Touch and love it so far.  I have yet to choose a plan because I am unsure which really benefits me the most.  I am interested in the $2 a day plan but I need to know if that 2 bucks comes off if somebody calls or texts but I don't answer or read it.  I don't want to be dinged in days I do not choose to answer my phone.  This is also a question I have for the .10 cents plan as well.  I'm just trying to figure out which one is best for me at this point.

 

Also, if I understand it correctly, if I fund with $25 my account and number will stay active for 90 days?  IS this correct?

Message 1 of 12 (544 Views)
Scholar

Re: Do all plans roll-over?

[ Edited ]

lllGurulll wrote:

I rarely use a cell phone and just recently purchased the LG Thrive as a glorified ipod Touch and love it so far.  I have yet to choose a plan because I am unsure which really benefits me the most.  I am interested in the $2 a day plan but I need to know if that 2 bucks comes off if somebody calls or texts but I don't answer or read it.  I don't want to be dinged in days I do not choose to answer my phone.  This is also a question I have for the .10 cents plan as well.  I'm just trying to figure out which one is best for me at this point.


Yes, you'll get charged $2 if somebody texts you. I'm not sure about unanswered calls, though. I think if you don't answer the call, it doesn't. That's why I chose the $0.10/min plan instead of the $2/daily unlimited one. At least even if I receive a stray call or text, I would only get charged pay per use rates and not the full $2. Besides, to break even with the $0.10/min charge, I need to have a total of 20 minutes worth of calls which I'm unlikely to do in a day. The free international texting sure is tempting, though.


lllGurulll wrote:

Also, if I understand it correctly, if I fund with $25 my account and number will stay active for 90 days?  IS this correct?


Yep. That's correct. I use the $100/year refill. When I use lower denominations, I tend to forget to refill every 90 days.

Message 2 of 12 (528 Views)
Master

Re: Do all plans roll-over?

[ Edited ]

I have the older $1/day plan, and I'm not charged for a phone call as long as I don't answer it or hit ignore, etc. from the phone.  Basically if you let it ring through to voice mail and don't have your ring time period set beyond 30 seconds before forwarding to voice mail (I use 25 seconds just to be safe), I've not had an issue with being charged the daily use fee for incoming, unanswered calls.   (There was quite a bit of discussion about this at one point out here, and it did seem that different users were experiencing different things - maybe based on the model of phone that is being used.)

 

With the newer $2/day plan, you would be charged for an incoming text occurrence, whether you open it or not. Smiley Sad

                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

     - Doug Larson

Message 3 of 12 (519 Views)

Re: Do all plans roll-over?

The only thing I hate about the .10 per minute plan is teh .20 per text charge.  I'm more likely to text than make calls.  I don't understand why they charge double for what amounts to less than one second of time.

Message 4 of 12 (513 Views)
Master

Re: Do all plans roll-over?

I use the $0.10 a minute Simple Plan. It's the best rate plan I have ever used. If you do not want to get charged $0.20 for each text message, be aware that there are money-saving text feature packages available for you to purchase separately if you want to take advantage of them.

There are three packages you can choose from. Each one can be used for thirty days, as long as your account balance doesn't expire. You can choose...

200 messages for $4.99
1,000 messages for $9.99
or the Unlimited Messaging package for $19.99.

I personally use the unlimited package as I am a frequent text messager.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 5 of 12 (509 Views)

Re: Do all plans roll-over?

How many spam texts do you usually receive? I've read some gophone customers have had problems with this.
Message 6 of 12 (507 Views)
Professor

Re: Do all plans roll-over?

In the last 30 days, I received one.

Message 7 of 12 (504 Views)
Master

Re: Do all plans roll-over?

I have never receive any true spam text messages. Unless you consider carrier oriented text messages spam. I sometimes get them from old subscriptions I subscribed to, but I have not received any lately. All I had to do was reply "STOP" to the subscription messages and they were no longer sent to my phone.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 8 of 12 (501 Views)

Re: Do all plans roll-over?

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I think I'll go with the .10 per minute plan and see how it works out.

I was disappointed to see that I can't setup Goggle Voice to make calls on my wifi network but I'm sure that is probably a standard issue on cell phones anyway. At least I can use it for texts when I am at home though.
Message 9 of 12 (498 Views)
Scholar

Re: Do all plans roll-over?


lllGurulll wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I think I'll go with the .10 per minute plan and see how it works out.

I was disappointed to see that I can't setup Goggle Voice to make calls on my wifi network but I'm sure that is probably a standard issue on cell phones anyway. At least I can use it for texts when I am at home though.

While you can't do that with the official Google Voice app, there are 3rd party apps that will allow you to make calls via wi-fi or 3G data. I recommend GrooVe IP. It's what I use and it appears to work pretty well. You can even have it intercept calls made with the native dialer so they go through Google Voice.

Message 10 of 12 (494 Views)
Master

Re: Do all plans roll-over?

You're welcome. I think you made a smart choice with the $0.10 a minute plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 11 of 12 (413 Views)
Professor

Re: Do all plans roll-over?


lllGurulll wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I think I'll go with the .10 per minute plan and see how it works out.

I was disappointed to see that I can't setup Goggle Voice to make calls on my wifi network but I'm sure that is probably a standard issue on cell phones anyway. At least I can use it for texts when I am at home though.


You have made a smart choice!!!

Message 12 of 12 (405 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.