Do I nee a new sim card if I activated it already with out money

Contributor

Do I nee a new sim card if I activated it already with out money

I have a cell phone hat I got acouple of months ago with a new sim card an  activated it but never got to ut money on it can you help

Message 1 of 4
Scholar

Re: Do I nee a new sim card if I activated it already with out money

You might if the SIM's already deactivated. Try logging in online or calling *777# from the cellphone to check.

Message 2 of 4
Master

It depends. How long would you estimate "a couple months" to be? Two, three...maybe four or more?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 4
Master

michael1972 wrote:

I have a cell phone hat I got acouple of months ago with a new sim card an  activated it but never got to ut money on it can you help

I don't know that I've ever seen a definite answer to this issue altough it comes up from time to time.  So I don't know for certain, but I assume that if you've activated your SIM but never funded it, the account is likely permanently deactivated after 60 days and the phone number is recycled, etc.  (At&t's process for activated and funded accounts is once you reach 60 days beyond the last refill expiration date, the account is deactivated.)

You'll probably need to obtain a new SIM and phone number - you can do so by visiting your local Corporate store, and if you'll fund the account while you are in the store they may not charge you for the new SIM.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support