Ask a question

Posted Oct 2, 2011
    4:10:08 PM
    View profile
    Discount on Samsung Galaxy S2

After adding to cart and selecting a data plan nomatter which plan I select the price changes to $299.

I am already have a voice and data plan for my current phone and am eligible for upgrade.

Noticed there were two or three other similar issues.

I do have a employee discount.

Discount on Samsung Galaxy S2

12 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (12)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 3, 2011 4:04:26 AM
    (0)
    Voyager

I had the same issue, but im glad i did because i found you can upgrade on Amazonwireless.com for $149 with free two day shipping. Our walmart store also had some on order and it was only going to be $148.00. You might check at one of them to.

Re: Discount on Samsung Galaxy S2

2 of 13 (2,383 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 3, 2011 5:52:48 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

I went to wireless.att.com to orderthe Galaxy S2 on October 2 and it was for $199. I could not complete placing order as site was timing out. This morning the site showed the price to have gone up to $299! What was that about? I called ATT and they said that is the price. So I told them I will not get the phone at that price. Then I saw your post above and was able to quickly place an order with amazon for same phone at $150 instead of $299. Thank you!

3 of 13 (2,356 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 3, 2011 11:22:28 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    AFter placing order I discovered there was a 6 week delay though due to backorder. Amazon offered to cancel the order but I decided to stick with it.

4 of 13 (2,243 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 3, 2011 2:41:16 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I chatted with online support this morning, was informed this was a website technical issue.

Given number to call premier customer service.

very friendly, english speaking woman informed me that they have been making changes to the website past week or so.

It's been causing issues with other phone upgrades, not just the SG SII.

She verified the issue then promptly started the process of ordering for me.

Funny, she had issues getting the order thru and decided to start over LOL

Overall, took about twenty minutes to resolve and get ordered.

5 of 13 (2,168 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 4, 2011 8:15:10 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Has anyone had any luck with buying this phone from amazon wireless as an upgrade without changing the data plan? I currently have an iPhone 3gs with the unlimited $30 data plan, and I'm eligible for an upgrade; however, amazon is forcing me to choose a new data plan even after I select that I'm an existing customer ... 

6 of 13 (1,937 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 4, 2011 8:34:29 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

I went in to the ATT store with a picture on my iPhone of the Wal-Mart listing for 148.88 or something.

They said they could not price match, but they could give me a $50 credit on my account.

I took it.

7 of 13 (1,927 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 4, 2011 8:38:38 PM
    (0)
    Expert

Amazon is now in backorder status.  I don't have the Unlimited plan, but...

When I put it in my cart on Amazon, it was giving me the option to keep my existing plan (just upgrade the phone).  I had to add a data plan (only per-use now), but it was ready to go through like that.

I did try on Radio Shack and Wal-Mart sites, both of them would not allow me to keep my current plan (maybe that's zip code specific?).

If I had the Unlimited, I wouldn't want to take chances either!  Maybe what Tim suggested would work for you as well?

8 of 13 (1,924 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 5, 2011 6:12:46 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Edited by farrukh_najmi on Oct 5, 2011 at 6:13:53 AM

farrukh_najmi wrote:
    AFter placing order I discovered there was a 6 week delay though due to backorder. Amazon offered to cancel the order but I decided to stick with it.

I just discovered to my delight that my order has shipped and will be here today (I placed order day before yesterday). That is simply amazing and I love Amazon for it.

[ Edited ]
    9 of 13 (1,846 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 5, 2011 9:16:13 AM
    (0)
    Expert

What is Amazon's return policy on it?  Restocking fee? 

Glad they came through!  ATT stores could take some lessons from Amazon. Smiley Wink

10 of 13 (1,816 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 5, 2011 3:03:12 PM
    (0)
    Scholar

TimStrader wrote:

I went in to the ATT store with a picture on my iPhone of the Wal-Mart listing for 148.88 or something.

They said they could not price match, but they could give me a $50 credit on my account.

I took it.

I got mine by pretty much doing the same thing. I took a print out of the walmart ad ($164.99) and they said they normally wouldn't price match, but they would if I got an accessory. I got a $25 screen protector and still saved $10.

11 of 13 (1,049 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 5, 2011 5:54:16 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    that's awesome - i'll try my luck as well, because i'm not too keen on giving up the unlimited data plan. thanks for the suggestions people Smiley Happy

12 of 13 (1,031 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 17, 2011 1:45:28 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

eweymer wrote:

I chatted with online support this morning, was informed this was a website technical issue.

Given number to call premier customer service.

very friendly, english speaking woman informed me that they have been making changes to the website past week or so.

It's been causing issues with other phone upgrades, not just the SG SII.

She verified the issue then promptly started the process of ordering for me.

Funny, she had issues getting the order thru and decided to start over LOL

Overall, took about twenty minutes to resolve and get ordered.

I faced same issue.  I called premier customer support.  They took the order and shipped SGS2.  After receiving the device, I noticed they charged $9.95 as shipping fee where as its free on the website order.  The lady took the order never informed me about shipping charges.

I was forced to pay shipping charges because their website is having issues and on top of that they never informed me before taking the order.

13 of 13 (770 Views)