Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 12, 2011
1:03:52 AM
Discontinue the backflip

every backflip owner i have met, do not carry their backflip with them, instead they have a phone given to them by a friend, a pay as you go phone, a phone bought online (ebay, amazon,) or a different carriers phone after canceling their contract due to the backflip being a Lemon phone and AT&T/Motorola only offering more of the same phone (which is more or less, not a smart phone, but a phone that will stop working every 1-3 months and needs replacing.)

i now need a fourth backflip, but, i do not want a fourth one, i want a phone that is reliable, and that will do the things i am paying for it to do.

my first backflip.

got to the point where it froze so much it was unusable and constantly turned its self off, while i was at a friends house, i got lucky it broke there.

my second backflip.

decided to do the same thing as the first. WHILE I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE, WITH A BROKEN DOWN CAR, NO ONE TO HELP, AND A SMOKING ENGINE! it took 2 hours for someone to drive by and let me use their phone to call a tow company. 

my third backflip decided to do the same as the first two no where in perticular, but it did it a month after i had gotten it. so i threw it in my closet and bought a pay as you go phone.

at&t and motorola refuse to co-operate with my needs. i payed for this phone to use its apps, and be able to use the internet, to be able to text and recieve calls. i can not do any of that.

at&t warranty department offered to send me a fourth backflip today... and "suggested" i do not download apps or surf the net.

so i am supposed not do the two things i payed for + am paying $30 more a month to continue to do.

sorry but this is unaccaptable, in 5 hours i am heading to a different carrier to talk about cellphone plans and prices. if at&t dont resolve my issue (i am demanding a different phone to the backflip, i am done with asking.) i will be cancelling my contract tomorrow.

every backflip owner i have met, do not carry their backflip with them, instead they have a phone given to them by a friend, a pay as you go phone, a phone bought online (ebay, amazon,) or a different carriers phone after canceling their contract due to the backflip being a Lemon phone and AT&T/Motorola only offering more of the same phone (which is more or less, not a smart phone, but a phone that will stop working every 1-3 months and needs replacing.)

i now need a fourth backflip, but, i do not want a fourth one, i want a phone that is reliable, and that will do the things i am paying for it to do.

my first backflip.

got to the point where it froze so much it was unusable and constantly turned its self off, while i was at a friends house, i got lucky it broke there.

my second backflip.

decided to do the same thing as the first. WHILE I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE, WITH A BROKEN DOWN CAR, NO ONE TO HELP, AND A SMOKING ENGINE! it took 2 hours for someone to drive by and let me use their phone to call a tow company. 

my third backflip decided to do the same as the first two no where in perticular, but it did it a month after i had gotten it. so i threw it in my closet and bought a pay as you go phone.

at&t and motorola refuse to co-operate with my needs. i payed for this phone to use its apps, and be able to use the internet, to be able to text and recieve calls. i can not do any of that.

at&t warranty department offered to send me a fourth backflip today... and "suggested" i do not download apps or surf the net.

so i am supposed not do the two things i payed for + am paying $30 more a month to continue to do.

sorry but this is unaccaptable, in 5 hours i am heading to a different carrier to talk about cellphone plans and prices. if at&t dont resolve my issue (i am demanding a different phone to the backflip, i am done with asking.) i will be cancelling my contract tomorrow.

Discontinue the backflip

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2011 8:20:37 AM
(0)
Professor

Try talking to a superviser.  I have heard of peple that have successfully gotten a different phone after 3 or 4 phones of the same model have had problems.

Try talking to a superviser.  I have heard of peple that have successfully gotten a different phone after 3 or 4 phones of the same model have had problems.

Re: Discontinue the backflip

2 of 3 (251 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2011 10:07:55 AM
(0)
Tutor

they have agreed to an 'emergancy upgrade.' or something along those lines to go into effect on friday when the bill is paid. After i told them i had seeked legal advice and have been told i can void my contract without being made to pay the ETF under these guidelines

"When you signed your contract AT&T promised to provide reasonable phone service, and you promised to pay a pre-arranged sum for that service. If AT&T is unable to provide reasonable service then you have grounds to have your contract voided and the ETF waived."

i would much rather of gotten a different phone without extending my contracts for two years, but, oh well, its better than having no phone at all (which i more or less do untill i get my upgrade on friday.)

although, i think another reason for it is i got the right people on the phone. the two women (one in warrenty, and one in customer service. couldn't of been any more helpfull.

***the upgrade will not allow me to get an IPhone, but im fine with that, i had an IP3 before the backflip anyway.

also, i had tried telliing them what you suggested all week, but they said the couldn't do that.

they have agreed to an 'emergancy upgrade.' or something along those lines to go into effect on friday when the bill is paid. After i told them i had seeked legal advice and have been told i can void my contract without being made to pay the ETF under these guidelines

"When you signed your contract AT&T promised to provide reasonable phone service, and you promised to pay a pre-arranged sum for that service. If AT&T is unable to provide reasonable service then you have grounds to have your contract voided and the ETF waived."

i would much rather of gotten a different phone without extending my contracts for two years, but, oh well, its better than having no phone at all (which i more or less do untill i get my upgrade on friday.)

although, i think another reason for it is i got the right people on the phone. the two women (one in warrenty, and one in customer service. couldn't of been any more helpfull.

***the upgrade will not allow me to get an IPhone, but im fine with that, i had an IP3 before the backflip anyway.

also, i had tried telliing them what you suggested all week, but they said the couldn't do that.

Re: Discontinue the backflip

3 of 3 (246 Views)