Disconnected while playing counter strike

Disconnected while playing counter strike

I'm using a USBConnect 881 and after about 5-10 minutes of playing Counter-StrikeSmiley Frustratedource I get disconnected from the server and my internet goes to stand still for about a minute. Any ideas why this is happening and is there anyway I can fix it?
Message 1 of 2 (1,542 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Disconnected while playing counter strike

Overview
A conflict has been identified between the Windows Selective Suspend function and Sierra Wireless modems using AT&T Communication Manager.
Symptoms
This issue can manifest itself in two ways:
  • The modem stops data throughput, even though the connection client indicates a connection is established and working without incident.
  • The PC itself may hang or stop responding during shutdown.

Procedure
To work around this issue, disable power management of the USB hub. It is important to note that this procedure may reduce the battery life on a portable computer.

Windows Vista
  1. Click Start.

2. Click Control Panel.

3. Click Classic View.

4. Double-click Power Options.
    NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password and/or click Continue. 

5. Under the selected power plan, click Change plan settings.

6. Click Change advanced power settings.

7. Click the + to expand USB settings.

8. Click the + to expand USB selective suspend setting.

9. Verify On battery and Plugged in are set to Disabled.

10. Click OK.

Windows XP
  1. Access Device Manager.
  2. Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand it.

3. Right-click a USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.

4. Select the Power Management tab.

5. Click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK.

6. Repeat steps 1 thru 5 for all USB Root Hubs.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (1,524 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.