Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Disabling data on AT&T Avail & sim card transfering

Contributor

Disabling data on AT&T Avail & sim card transfering

I am most likey going to purchase an AT&T Avail. I currently have a GoPhone, and I am using the $50 unlimited plan. I was wondering if I can just simply take the sim card out of my existing phone and put it in the new one.

Also, I was wondering if there was a way to disable use of the data, and just use wifi. If I have to, I am willing to pay the extra $5 a month for the smallest data plan, but I would still like to disable use of it so I don't accidently use it without knowing. I live on a college campus, so I have wifi everywhere, but it kicks users off periodically and makes us sign back in to the network. I dont want my data plan taking over if my wifi kicks me off, thus charging me for usage. Anyway this is possible?

Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: Disabling data on AT&T Avail & sim card transfering

yes can use the phone on wi-fi with no data plan... you can also turn off the 3G in seetings.

Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Disabling data on AT&T Avail & sim card transfering

I have this phone currently, if you can call it that since it is stuck on the bootup screen and the only way to stop it is to take the battery out, and I absolutely would not suggest getting. Possibly try the LG smartphone they have? Haven't tried that yet, but this phone is horrible. The one I have now is a replacement and I have had nothing but problems with both of them that I've had.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support